The Mopar project

Well here's another project I've been working on belongs to the girlfriends dad enjoy

Before when we got it.....

FirstTimeToPIR0012.jpg

Re-doing the whole car so off to media blasting....

HPIM0413.jpg

Back from media blasting mmm.........shiny

HPIM0420.jpg

HPIM0419.jpg

HPIM0418.jpg

The old power plant which is for sale $200 motor and trans both work GREAT!

HPIM0350.jpg

and the NEW heart of the beast :D

HPIM0369.jpg

The car is currently in primer getting all the little dents out and shaving a few things

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad's year old second car was a '64 dodge with a slant six three in the tree. I was just 15 and got the bug for Dodges and always wanted a Dart. By '67 the new Darts were out and I liked them! I had my dad's old car and put a 318 2bbl on that six and Siamesed a dual exhaust on it. By '69 they had reached their finest hour with the 340 engine. My next door neighbor got one, a four speed, he was older and had more money saved up, but at least I got to ride in it. The only option was a radio. It had hub caps, vinyl mats, a 120 speedometer, and cloth bench seats and was known as a 'plain jane'. The car shook gently at idle because of the cam. The 340 only ever came with a 4bbl carb and no two bbl.(later Trans Am motors had a six-pack) , dual exhaust, dual point distributors, compression was 10.5 to 1, idle was 900 RPMs. Man I wanted a '69 Dart, but it wasn't to be. A year and a half later I got a new '70 Dart 340 4 gear, but the body style had changed. I made up for it with Sub-Lime color, vinyl roof, flat black hood with factory hood pins, mag style rims, Goodyear Polyglass E7014 raised letter tires, front disc brakes, tinted windshield, deluxe interior with real carpet, rally dash with 150 speedo, and.. a radio.

Here's a fine example of a Dart at a local event.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/car69Dart340.jpg[/img]"]car69Dart340.jpg

And here's a car I found in Calgary. I had to turn around and get pictures of it. Except that it doesn't have the flat black hood, and the 340 emblems on the hood scoops, it was identical to my old '70.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/car1970DartSwinger.jpg[/img]"]car1970DartSwinger.jpg

LeDevil, that is one fine looking car you got there, .... and I know.

Do some mock ups and use paint box to see the results. Mine worked because it had the black stripe, black vinyl top and flat black hood... It balanced nicely against the too bright green body. I saw several with just the stripe and I didn't think it worked very well.

I eventually repainted it 'Sassy Grass Green' a few shades darker and it was a home run. Sub Lime was just too bright. Ultimately, whatever you choose it will be a knock out DART.

• 2 weeks later...

This Barracuda has a 2.0 mazda drivetran under it. Pappy made it. The car was actually pretty fast.

MazdaRuda.jpg

I believe that my love for datsuns also sprouts from my MOPAR childhood. The mid 70s B210 coupes look so mutch like the Barracudas. I switched to Datsun cause they are more nimble.

I drove this 65 New Yorker to High School. Note the factory clear tail lights.

NewYorkerTrunk.jpg

My childhood consisted of helping my dad build this 68 Road Runner aka "The Rouge Runner." Its a almost Hemi 440

RoadRunner.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

mopar rocks! although i cant see the pics.:confused: i drove my 65 dart for many years slant 6 with the pedal to the floor. it would still do 95 on the freeway, pedal to the metal with the 1bbl holley 1920 carb. and that was just a couple years ago as the second owner with the engine never taken apart.

now i have a slant 6 2bbl super six in a 78 volare and i swear that dart 4dr was faster.

all hail the rare aluminium block 225. let me know if you find one or even seen one.

i have several mopars and i love em. i have a 68 dart 270 4dr w 273 4bbl, a 72 scamp 318 LOADED, a 77 power wagon clubcab 360 full timer, an 87 cherokee, an 87 sundance (kids car) and a 95 34 ton ram clubcab 4x4 V10 (for sale). i love my mopars cant ya tell???

Tell him to put that Super Sweet old-skool paint Jobbie back on it, on it. I love that retro look. Have alwayse wanted a Altered Wheelbase 64 Fury. Pappys got a rootbeer brown 64 4-door hardtop with a 68 HI-PO 440, push button auto and a 273 Posi.:cool:Eveyone thinks its a small block till we open the hood and there is barely enough space between the inner fender and the chrome headers for the plug wires to fit.

MOPAR=Move Over Plymouth Approaching Rappidly!

Lock the office door,turn the lights down.Put one hand on the key board and the other on your.....pistol grip shifter.:blink:

My friend has TWO 70 Chargers and #2 is currently in my garage getting the motor installed.As we were in search of a few odds & ends,the painter told us to call this guy "George".

So we do.He says,yeah-i have one of those.So we trundle over to his house.We go out to his"barn".The door opens and i see shelves stacked with 440 blocks.Must be 20 or so.Then comes the shelves with original carbs(5 shelfs four foot wide).Then the shelves of alternators.Then the stacks of 906 heads stacked like cord wood.22 or so assorted 833 & HEMI 4-speeds.A smattering of 727s mixed in for good measure i guess.3 or 4 boxes of shifters.(pistol grips,linkages &the like):drool::w00t:

Almost forgot about the COMPLETE Six-pack set-up.:drool:

Inside is sitting a 64 300K.500 inch motor with the factory cross-ram(long-branch) intake manifold.AND the FACTORY cast iron tubeular HEADERS.

Outside is a 64 Valiant/Barracuda.This was the year the Barracuda was an option on the Valiant.In 65 the Barracuda became a stand alone model.Well,George saw fit to stuff a 440 Six-pack in the car with a 4-link and four-speed.WITH functioning A/C.Instead of spark plug wires,George engineered teflon coated stainless steel tubes to deliver the spark.:love:

Next to the Valiant is another 300K.With a dummy block in place.He fashioned Stainless steel headers himself.And between number 3 & 4 are tubes about 3/4 of an inch O.D. that run towards the front of the motor.When i asked what they were for,he just smiled and said he re-designed the cooling system so the just cooled water coming from the radiator would hit the hottest spot in the motor first-the heads.

He also built a SS steel radiator himself and custom mounts to hang it from the core support.

I bought a old beat to death pistol grip shifter(50$) that is beyond use for a high $ restoration and i'm going to put it in my wifes 620 KC,which by the way will be Plum Crazy.

I also forgot to mention that the hoods on all the cars slid foward and tilted to open.

It was a good day.:D:thumbup:

O.K.-turn the lights back on and clean up.