common water leaks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Either the cowl got plugged up with pine needles & leaves and rusted out or the heater core/valve/hoses.

those would be my first thoughts, could also be from the windshield on that side just making its way down to the floor. same thing happed in my 73 620.

On the passenger side there are holes in the roof pillar where the radio antenna is fastened. I never had leaks before but all of a sudden. I pulled all the cowl stuff off looking for rusted through areas or grommets that were leaking, but all it took was a glob of silicon sealant under the radio antenna for the leak to stop.

A couple years ago before I tore the truck apart to fix and paint it, I had water on the floor but couldn't see where it was coming from. I thought it was the windshield gasket and so on. What it was, were holes at the back and bottom of the cab that had rusted through. Look between the back of the cab and the bed at the bottom or the cab and you will see a ledge sticking out about a inch. Water had settled there through the years and rusted through.

On the passenger side there are holes in the roof pillar where the radio antenna is fastened.

its a 79 with the antenna mount on drivers side...i am about to head out ther and shop vac the water out and see what i can see

• 2 weeks later...