Antennas?

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

I absolutely hate the location and look of the stock 620 antenna. I'm going for a more low profile or non-existent look and I was wondering about some other options for the location and/or types some of you have used, for those of you who share my opinion. Thanks guys.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I too hate the look, although the location is ideal for an elecrtic one!

And here is how you make it "cool":cool:

splice into the power wire when hooking it up, and wire a paddle type toggle switch on the dash so you can raise it to the height you desire!

Only down side is, you'll have to remember to lower it when you shut off the truck, or some kid'll snap it off:eek:

electrical_-_power_antenna.jpg

I removed mine and covered up any trace of it on the pass side. I got an antenna from a Stanza? I think, to keep it Datsun. The Stanza (unknown year) retracts into a plastic tube that fits down inside the driver's side front windshield pillar to the kick pad. It is mounted near the top of the windshield line on the driver's side, so I can reach out and extend or retract it as needed. This is great when in the bush so I don't rip it off when backing up.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/datzenmike/truckmy620inCumberland.jpg[/img]"]truckmy620inCumberland.jpg

You can see the the half inch by three inch black mount, just a few inches down from the top of the windshield on the driver's pillar. Under it is a tube that the retracted antenna fits neatly into. Out of sight and out of mind to vandals.

Guest DatsuNoob

Hey Rusty, I like the idea of that setup, what is the picture of that one of? Is it a universal kit, or is it more specific to a make and model? I like those shark-fin antennas but they may look out of place on an old truck, as would a fooba from a VW. I was actually thinking of doing a similar power antenna near the rear of the cab, but thought better of it in case I'd have something bouncing around in the bed to break it. I dont know about a pillar mount retractable because it looks like there isn't enough room for that big azz motor.

Some of the newer cars use the same copper paint for the rear defrost as an antenna... I'm not sure if the "length" matters, but you could always just paint a thin strip all the way around the rear window. It'd be out of the way, and it should still work.