The Q620 (complete Q45 Swap)

620mike

Here it is... this is the new start to my 620.... The Ka24de is out and its getting ready for the q45 stuff..

I Plan on using the complete drive train engine, suspension (even though it is a total of 8" wider), stering, and what ever i might also need..i bought a complete q45 for the swap so i wouldnt be missing anything.. hoopefully lol.... so here it is so far... i will try update alot

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

i started taking the wheel tubs out for more room i set it up like a chevy

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

took the cab off

and here r the q parts

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

i started stripping the frame

IMAG0066.jpg

the rear end under the frame

IMAG0074.jpg

and now dovetailed the frame so the suspension would work right under and also mount

IMAG0077.jpg

And thats were i am at as of tonight

sweet build! are you planning on leaving the radiator in the front? or placing it in the back? and what are you doing as far as streeing column? sorry for so many questions ive had mine just sitting for a few months, and all i got around to was some measuring/ cutting and laying out the harness in the truck. been trying to figure out the best setup for it all before doing to much.

very interested to see how this turns out and great work so far!

Nice work... We're gonna look like brothers. Narrowed my rear end the same way. My build is Southeast TX King Cab... I think I'm just a couple steps ahead of your build doing the same thing with a J30t. Looks like you got help though so you may catch me soon. Can't wait to see what these things look like on the road.

sweet build! are you planning on leaving the radiator in the front? or placing it in the back? and what are you doing as far as streeing column? sorry for so many questions ive had mine just sitting for a few months, and all i got around to was some measuring/ cutting and laying out the harness in the truck. been trying to figure out the best setup for it all before doing to much.

very interested to see how this turns out and great work so far!

i am planning on runiing the radiator i the front with electric fans.... and also im using the q rack and column

or so i think

I'm hung up a bit on my build. Wondering if you've solved this yet... I don't have a clue how much my springs will compress when I get the gas tank and truck bed on there, and it's making it difficult to figure how tall to build my strut towers. I know you plan to run alot of negative camber, so it may be easier for you. Just make em tall and it'll be low with negative camber. I want zero camber with a full tank of gas. I'd love to help you if you have some issues. So glad someone else is doing this kind of build. Keep up the good work.

I'm hung up a bit on my build. Wondering if you've solved this yet... I don't have a clue how much my springs will compress when I get the gas tank and truck bed on there, and it's making it difficult to figure how tall to build my strut towers. I know you plan to run alot of negative camber, so it may be easier for you. Just make em tall and it'll be low with negative camber. I want zero camber with a full tank of gas. I'd love to help you if you have some issues. So glad someone else is doing this kind of build. Keep up the good work.

how did ur motor fit in the stock frame i just widened the frame to 36" lol.....

if u find out how much ur bed and gas tank weigh u could use some type of ballist (some weights from a bench press?)on top of the rear end then build it with the weight on it....i think on it some more.. do u have a buil page i woud love to see it maybe get some ideas from someone whos is doing the swap aslo

My build is southeast Texas king cab. Check it out. Its very similar to yours. I haven't messed with the front end. I'm keeping it stock until I finish the rear. Using the stock for cross squaring and such. When I get the rear to work, I will start the front, square off of it, and have a straight truck. My biggest fear is that this thing will crab walk down the road. Cross squaring is my life ATM.