WTB Datsun 510 Rear Position Light

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The project car does not have a rear position light on the drivers side.

I believe he is looking for the left rear red marker light. I have a few but you'd be better off getting one locally.

P.S. Knowing the shipping location is always helpful ... you can post that in your profile for everyone to see.

I believe he is looking for the left rear red marker light. I have a few but you'd be better off getting one locally.

P.S. Knowing the shipping location is always helpful ... you can post that in your profile for everyone to see.

That's how I read it too. A '70s and on should be the same and likely interchangable side to side too. Hmmm maybe just the lens.

I think there are a lot of the same parts common in the side marker lights across all the models of Datsuns sold in the early 1970's. The metal reflector/bulb holder is the same. The red or amber lens is the same, the lamp used inside them is the same, the chrome ring that sits under the lens is the same.

The only real difference is the rubber base that goes between the body of the car, and the light, and the length of the wires to hook it up.

I have found numbers for the body style on the back side of the rubber base, and letters indicating the position on the car that they should be.

Long story short, It you have the rubber block that goes in between the body, and the light, pretty much every thing else can come from any Datsun of about the same year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.