Ebay Find: Sweet 521

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I got it home yesterday... Thsi truck is cherry. 72' interior is clean, original parcel tray, radio, speaker and floor mat. Once I do a thorough cleaning I will get the pics up. Looks like to start I need the coil resistor. Other than that... stock stock stock

IMG_0132.jpg

How about it!!

Great truck. I was thinking on bidding, but I already have 3. It looks like you might have another year bed on it. just look at the rear marker light/reflecter. It should be like the one on the front. Or did someone just put a round peg in a square hole?

yes yes. you must make it fire up and and make sure the brakes work and drive it like that before you start your project. clean the windshied off of coarse.

does the radio work? that speaker is hella hard to find. let me know if you want to sell:D

that is the plastic 620 package tray.fyi

cig lighter is getting hard to find too

what works, doesnt work? lights, wipers, wiper squirter, horn, blinkers, yeah yeah i know you just got it. be sure to get any legal bs out the way and have the title on the way before you dump too much money into it. but you already new that.

another 521 saved, thats how it should be.:cool:

IMG_0136.jpg

How about it!!

Score! A totally savable 521. Looks great man. And you even have the original rubber mat! Pressurewash the heck out of it, polish er up and drive. 72's must be some of the rarer 521's since they switched to the 620 that same year.

But hey, where is the choke knob? I guess 72's had elecric? Did they also have an L18? One more reason it is a little rarer. Here is mine, it is under the fan. Yours has the divit where it goes.

DashControls.jpg

yes yes. you must make it fire up and and make sure the brakes work and drive it like that before you start your project. clean the windshied off of coarse.

does the radio work? that speaker is hella hard to find. let me know if you want to sell:D

that is the plastic 620 package tray.fyi

cig lighter is getting hard to find too

what works, doesnt work? lights, wipers, wiper squirter, horn, blinkers, yeah yeah i know you just got it. be sure to get any legal bs out the way and have the title on the way before you dump too much money into it. but you already new that.

another 521 saved, thats how it should be.:cool:

Ok here it goes... I hooked up the battery to see what happens.

Lights - all good but reverse

Horn - no

Flasher - yes

Wipers - yes

Blinkers - yes

Brake lights - yes

cig lighter - no

Fan - no

Choke - electric

dome light - yes

oil light, ing light - yes

dash light - no

Has L-16 and 4spd, hitachi carb. totally stock but missing ballast resistor at coil

Needs new windshield gasket

Floors - awesome!

It is a 72', maybe they used the newer parcel tray????

Great truck. I was thinking on bidding, but I already have 3. It looks like you might have another year bed on it. just look at the rear marker light/reflecter. It should be like the one on the front. Or did someone just put a round peg in a square hole?

I have a newer, better bed I will swap on. I am out in the desert all the time (work). Would love to come by and see your stash. Hit me up with a PM

Horn - no

On the horn. My truck had sat for 10 years before I bought it. It had no horn either. I took the wheel horn apart and it looked 100% ok, no corossion on the contacts. I was thinking the worst, checking fuses, etc. But then I just took a little sandpaper and hit the contact ring. What I thought was a yellowish metal was actually steel. It cleaned right up and works fantastic. Scared the crap out of me the first time it sounded cause I wasn't expecting such an easy fix.

Same thing with my blinkers, but yours seem to be ok.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike what an unbelieveable score! With minor work it'll be streetable. I like the original license plate frame too :cool: Wash it, clay the paint then use some rubbing compound & shine it up ! On the interior, simple green, warm water & a soft scrub brush will be your friends...HaHa.