Head Temp Sensor?

kaliboy96

Hey guys just took my 78 280 to the shop. They said I need to change the Head temp sensor and subharness. Is this easy to do? Where is it located? I would appreciate any help. If I could do it myself it will lower the cost I have to pay to shop. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

sensor can be got at autozone or oreillys and just use a universal bosch connector (ebay)

Or do what I did and go to your local pick-n-pull, find an mid-90's Audi and take all the connectors you need; really good quality and comes with metal locking prong. I think I got about 10 or so connectors for about 3 bucks.

Or do what I did and go to your local pick-n-pull, find an mid-90's Audi and take all the connectors you need; really good quality and comes with metal locking prong. I think I got about 10 or so connectors for about 3 bucks.

one thing that u can try is go to napa they carrie the sensor and the connector the part number is ts5520 for the sensor and ts5730 for the connector. i work at napa but i think the number should be all the same know mater what state your in

Hey guys thanks for all of your comments. I only have one more issue I need to solve. I found out that the headers on my Z are aftermarket and are missing the serial #s required for smog. Does anyone have aftermarket headers that have the numbers on them so I can at least give them to the technician @ the smog shop that is all he needs for the paperwork. I have a 1978 280z, if anyone has aftermarket headers that are compatible with this year please give me a shout so Im not out here riding around with no registration! Thanks again!

Hey guys thanks for all of your comments. I only have one more issue I need to solve. I found out that the headers on my Z are aftermarket and are missing the serial #s required for smog. Does anyone have aftermarket headers that have the numbers on them so I can at least give them to the technician @ the smog shop that is all he needs for the paperwork. I have a 1978 280z, if anyone has aftermarket headers that are compatible with this year please give me a shout so Im not out here riding around with no registration! Thanks again!

Try a headed manufacturer like Hooker, Headman, Doug Thorley and ask them.