My 1st 510!!!!!!!!!!

NWOleman

I dont see any bare metal. if there is get close enough color to match then just tape it off and sand pint it. as it wears in the green will match up as spray can paints fades and and matches.

get soem TR3 paint polish. its a rubbing compound slash polish. works good. Believe me!!!!!

As for the compression. I wouldnt even do that.

ck the valve lash . maybe a lash pad fell out.

ck for spark ifyou have that then pour a little gas down the carb. or since thi shas the stock carb see if the carb is full of gas . look at the front sight glass and see if gas is in there ans cycle the linakge . ig gas shoots in there then no need to pour gas in there. it should fire. even with a bad head gasket it should still run.

put a radiator in there. youll know if it poped a head gasket.

Ck the oil for water.

This thing could be running in a couple days

Be honest I bet a DUMB ASS owned this rig.unless there is a major proplem I cant see why this wont run.

thats why watch the vid ad see if the meachnical stuff is lines up. and ck for spark and valve lash

maybe the cam is busted in half.

I only believe 20% from what this previos owner said.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i went and talked to my machinist and he can build me a L20 for like 850 so i'm thinking bout doin that and meanwhile just see if a can get this L16 to run like hainz said. i haven't really messed with it at all yet had some other stuff to take care of.

L series are easy man, you could do it yourself pretty easily. Not as much to them as someone may think. Make sure you got spark, dump some gas in the carb (not a lot) and crank it over, maybe use starting fluid instead. Make sure you open the barrels up when you shoot the starting fluid in there.