My 1st 510!!!!!!!!!!

NWOleman

Sorry no pics today unless somebody can put the pics from CL portland on here, it was for sale for 600 bucks! I'm totally stoked!! The body is in awesome shape, just a lil surface rust here and there. I cant wait to get her on the road! So now i have owned a 510, 610, and a 710 wagon! O and a honeybee and a fastback datsun! Sweet! Just had to put that out there cause i'm just excited bout having my first 510!!!!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that 610 was pretty rough to begin with so i didn't care one way or the other about it. this 510 is pretty nice tho, IMO. gonna get it running first, gonna go talk to the engine machineist today bout going thru the motor for me. i got a 219 head for it if it's good. plan on using it for a family wagon so i got to get on it, time and money tho. i'm gonna run with the green for awhile but it's gonna have to get painted after i get all the other shit taken care of.

not running is vauge?

what wrong with it.

Do the basics first.

spark gas ck the timming setting on head, oil spindal ,distributor and pour soem gas down the barrel and see if it fires.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=8EF51386855F2B58

Sweet it's on YouTube now :) I haven't watched it since I got my 510 better go back through it.

If the paints ok just keep it. I wish mine wasn't painted by the PO. Twice! Nice score, I wanted to get it and swap in my L20b from my dime.

the guy i got it from said he did a compression test and got very low readings on 3cyl. so he figured blown head gasket plus the radiator is missing. as far as the paint i will run with it for a while but there is some spots that are bare metal so it's gonna rust and just get worse so i'm gonna have to paint it.