Model Cars (Japan magazine) Datsun 510 photo shoot/drive Saturday, 1/29/11 Torrance, CA

jun

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you guys that you'd see a horse or three on the road! Haha.

Incredible turnout. So much fun today. Thanks to all who came, in person, and in spirit.

And thank you for getting the pics flowing into this thread, because I am sure Roman will take his sweet time with his fancy pics, but they will be worth the wait, I assure you. He took around 600+ photos, so give him a minute...

There is something about being part of a parade of beautiful, sweet sounding (and smelling) Datsuns with your friends. The pics you guys posted are great because with me leading the pack, the only view of the action I had was through my wink mirror. Even at that, what a sight it was. It would have been great if we could go a little faster, with less traffic, because those roads, although a bit bumpy, are pretty fun when no one is around. But our mission today was to get some great pics, drive the cars we work so hard on, and take in some nice scenery in the form of Palos Verdes and Datsuns! And for those who stuck around for lunch, to gorge on some In-N-Out; it never fails, and what a way to end a fun morning.

The smiles on the faces of the pics posted says it all. A few had suggested doing something like this monthly- I think that would be a fantastic idea. Driving GMR (Glendora Mountain Road) or something would be a lot of fun. Someone else can take the lead on the next one though- I'd like to be mixed up in the pack next time!

It really sucks what you guys did. My son was really bummed out he was looking forward for this nice run. You guys took off without us . We were there hanging out with you guys , we noticed you guys were waiting for more cars so we decided to go walking to get some coffee and when we got back you guys took off . We had 4 510's there . Really sucks !!!

sss510sss, I'm really sorry that happened. I did notice a few cars missing from the run, and wondered what might have happened.

We had only asked that everyone be ready to leave by 9. We may have left a little late, but once it was 9 AM, everyone should have been ready to head on out. Were you there when I made the announcement about how we're going to manage the flow? If you had the map (I asked everyone unfamiliar with the area to print it and understand the route), you could have caught us at the 1st stop in PV, if not way before that- we had pulled over once on Hawthorne to regroup, and ran the entire stretch of Hawthorne pretty slow.

The general consensus was that everyone had a lot of fun, and we should do something similar again very soon- so there's always next time!

Maybe you should not have left to get coffee or at least told someone you were going to be right back. Also, jun provided a map of the route. You could have easily caught up given the lights, traffic, etc.

Seriously, man up and admit you made a mistake.

The photos look fantastic! I am glad the rain held off until today. The route looks fantastic, a perfect backdrop for the cars.

Wow SSS510 that really sucks. We were wondering what happend to the rest of the cars.

There were alot of us standing at our cars for the driver meeting. We didn't know you were not there until our 1st stop. :(

Sorry.