datsun wheeler

dat77sun

ok so i decided since im a country boy to go a whole different route with my datsun 620, i wanna have a 2wd wheelin truck. wanna do a spring over in the back, and take off the lower in the front. gonna try and run 28 inch tires, but i need to find 15 inch rims first. let me know what you guys think, and please post pics if you have a 4x4 or lifted datsun truck, i need ideas

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 1980 that i put 3 inch body lift on.. it`s pretty easy just have to cut the bottom out of fan shroud and change base of steering column and blocks can be put in one side /corner at time with floor jack..I used stock toyota 15 inch rims with tall skinny tires 15 x 7.00 and that truck drove me around for like 8 years...

• 1 month later...

Have you made any progress on your wheeler? I hadn't noticed this thread until now ? I started similar one like an idiot. Were you going to lift yours? I was hoping to be able to run 15's with a regular truck tire with out doing any suspension work. Is that red truck lifted or just running bigger tires? Anyone know?

Have you made any progress on your wheeler? I hadn't noticed this thread until now ? I started similar one like an idiot. Were you going to lift yours? I was hoping to be able to run 15's with a regular truck tire with out doing any suspension work. Is that red truck lifted or just running bigger tires? Anyone know?

Ryan's 72 620 had stock springs in the rear, they were pretty HD, lot's of leaves. He cranked up the torsions in the front and removed the upper bumpstops. Tires we're 30"(i think) bfg a/t's. He pulled the bed and fenders out to clear the tires at compression.

He had some fun, but it coulda used 4 wheel drive. :lol:

Have some more pics in a sec...stoopid ipad

ryanparked.jpg

enginewide.jpg

light.jpg

newbars.jpg

nismo.jpg

tire.jpg

He ran a VW radiator.

radabove.jpg

dizzycover.jpg

radside.jpg

Some vid :lol:

th_ryansair.jpg

Thanx for all that. Doesn't sound like it's all that hard to do. I just need to find some rims and tires and figure out how to explain to the wife why I need them.

I like that set up he's got going on there I plan to do something similar but with a headache rack instead of roll bars. I haven't needed 4 wheel drive down here in NM yet and have been in some pretty crazy places in 2 wheel drive trucks. With the good Lord's blessing I will hopefully never need it.

That video is great Iove the way you hear it comin. Looks like it almost went bad though, glad he was smooth enough not to let that landing go bad. What was running about 50 or 60 mph in a residential therebiggrin.gif