I know this is dumb, but.....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen, Ya, Yay, Yah, and about five other misspelling of the word, "YEAH". Just a heads up to all of you who flunked 5th grade.

Yeah sound just like yeah

Then there's ya... sort of German sounding

Yay sounds like it should be spelled yeaeeee

Yah sounds just like it's spelled a sort of Yaaaaaah sound similar to ya

I think they are all different affirmatives for yeah and not lazy misspellings. No worse than wut??? is for What. When I was a kid the teachers would shit if you used ain't. It wasn't in the dictionary, it didn't exist. Well it does now so wut caused this??? Common usage. Languages evolve adding new and loosing (well not totally loosing, just dis-using) old ones. Britain pretty much ruled the world centuries ago and brought English to almost everywhere on the globe by sailing ship. Crews were a mixture of ethnic groups that had to use a common tongue to communicate and so many new words were added to the English lexicon. Colonies in far flung countries added to it as well. Languages evolve, slow enough that we hopefully keep up.

Wow, I didn't think I would get such a response. Apparently there's plenty of you out there that are sensitive of your inability to spell correctly. Forget I said anything. For the record no one urinated in my coffee (I hope), I do wash my car in the rain and it's a general discussion (talk about anything).

I think they are all different affirmatives for yeah and not lazy misspellings. No worse than wut??? is for What. When I was a kid the teachers would shit if you used ain't. It wasn't in the dictionary, it didn't exist. Well it does now so wut caused this??? Common usage. Languages evolve adding new and loosing (well not totally loosing, just dis-using) old ones. Britain pretty much ruled the world centuries ago and brought English to almost everywhere on the globe by sailing ship. Crews were a mixture of ethnic groups that had to use a common tongue to communicate and so many new words were added to the English lexicon. Colonies in far flung countries added to it as well. Languages evolve, slow enough that we hopefully keep up.

I just wanted to thank you for the most intelligent response so far.

I've seen, Ya, Yay, Yah, and about five other misspellings of the word, "YEAH". Just a heads up to those of you who flunked 5th grade.

This is Ratsun; it isn't Facebook. Please keep your deepest, most philosophical ponderings to yourselves.

I could weave a tapestry with all the garbage threads started lately. :no:

• Like 2

Pretty sure ya and yah mean yeah. They aren't words, but are used the same as the other word. Like oics is pics,teh is the, etc.

They are affirmatives but sound differently.

OICS for PICS and TEH for THE are miss keyed words the O is hit instead of the P next to it and the TH are simply out of order.

Guest kamakazi620

Huh???? haaaauuuuuunnnnn wha wha wha WHAT?????? Der Dee Der Der Der Dee Der Der DERRRRRRRR Da DER!

Guest kamakazi620

They are affirmatives but sound differently.

OICS for PICS and TEH for THE are miss keyed words the O is hit instead of the P next to it and the TH are simply out of order.

I likej thej j Nuff said!!!