cracked engine block

So according to all of your responses, my truck still has value! Here's the deal, it's cold in Denver in January and I don't have a garage or any tools so realistically I can't fix this problem without a mechanic any recommendations for datsun mechanics in Denver? Or what would any of you pay for a truck in this condition?

Denver CO?

maybe Bob can help you out

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha right on Matt. You never mentioned doing this before. Are you a closet crack welder? Did you think we would think this was unacceptable, when in fact, it's actually a typically forward looking ratsun answer to a problem? Wuh hahahaha :lol: :lol: Z24 crack pride, man!!!!!

You can:

1/ Replace the head gasket and hope the head isn't warped or only slightly warped and will hold.

2/ Have the head checked for warpage and lightly milled to level it, new gasket.

3/ Replace with a used head from a wreckers. (check for warpage first) Note: this head is an unknown, could have bad valves and seals.

I'd have to say door number two, Monte.