inline walbro?

doughboi916

im doing research on my fuel delivery for my kaDE swap.. I later plan on a built KA-T.. Looking for around 400hp? but for now i just want it on the road and i dont want to have to change the fuel pump.. will the stock tank with a in-line 255 work fine? anyone use this setup with a KA-t? also im guessing ill need a return to the tank.. how is that done?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

researched a bit more.. I guess the engine will not get the fuel it needs is i use an inline unless i have a surge of sump?? i have no idea what they do? can some one explained? i really need hepl with this fuel stuff. im new to it.. it maybe just cheaper to go with a fuel cell? i can get on for 60 buck? will i still need a surge/sump then?

researched a bit more.. I guess the engine will not get the fuel it needs is i use an inline unless i have a surge of sump?? i have no idea what they do? can some one explained? i really need hepl with this fuel stuff. im new to it.. it maybe just cheaper to go with a fuel cell? i can get on for 60 buck? will i still need a surge/sump then?

I have a full race sump on order, this will work just fine for you application. You can also order one from Jegs or Summit Racing for a smaller price. I think it is Competition Engineering that makes them. I wanted the Full Race version because I just wanted the single outlet and not the dual outlet. I know you can easily cap off one of the outlets but thats now how I roll:rolleyes:

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1407_584&products_id=883

A surge tank is going to cost you a bit more money because you have to run a small fuel tank powered by a fuel pump and then another fuel pump to the fuel rail. I want everything as compact as possible so that is why I am running a sump. The easiest way is to run a 300ZX in tank pump.

:mellow:

I know, scary

Yes, you will have to run a line back to the tank. If you run a surge tank you would have to run two lines back to your tank. Please make sure you read up on this, there are tons of posts available on this forum and many others. I dont want you setting yourself or your car on fire.

• 2 months later...

same thing i was thinking but i guess under hard acceleration or hard turns the pump will starve for fuel??

Bullshit, maybe on a 100% track car or a super empty tank of fuel. I'm not running a sump in the tank of my car works great, most fuel cells don't have sumps either they just use foam to keep fuel from sloshing. Stock 510 tanks draw from a tube that runs from the top to the bottom of the tank.

From what I gathered when researching my SR swap I found that some people found with a 1/2 tank or less on long turns such as freeway on-ramps and the such you could starve for fuel. I think I went overboard but I'm using 3/8" fuel line. You can use the fuel injection rated hose and don't need braided. I had 2 AN fittings welded on to my stock tank a -6 for the supply to the surge tank and a -8 for the return from the surge tank. Here is a pic if it helps. I have been running this setup for 11 months and works great. I also have -6 fittings welded on for the reg and return.

3bf96188.jpg

i dont know dudes... Everyone's telling me different stuff.. sooo.... Im going with my original plan.... i found a sump with 2 inlet/outlets..... ones 1/2 the others 3/8..... will it be possible to use the 1/2 for sending fuel and the 3/8 for the return? this is what im looking at..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fuel-Tank-Sump-1-2-in-3-8-in-NPT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5643266d89QQitemZ370493779337QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The return has to be slightly higher than the feed outlet. I am going to run an RCI aluminum cel with a sump. The outlets are 8AN, which is roughly 1/2 inch, to the filter and pump, then I am running 6AN , roughly 3/8", to the engine with a 3/8" return line.

Running a Walbro 255 pump.