What is this vibration?

Icehouse

So I've gotten a few days off due to slow to no work. Since I still have the drive line vibration I figured I could spend a few hours and get it balanced. I took it to Ankling Drivelines in Kent (spelling is most likely wrong :( ) He said the carrier bearing isn't really bad but its mostly it..... 84 bucks and 40 for balancing. I haven't picked it up so I don't know the total cost. I figure if it makes the vibration go away it will easily be worth it. Hopefully its not like the wheel balancing and it gets better but doesn't completely go away. If I have any vibration I'm not going to be happy.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Driveshaft balancing is much easier and longer lasting than wheel balancing. Temperature change and driving style can affect wheel balance, but have no affect on the driveshaft. So you should be good :D

Well 180 bucks and it was well worth it :D I went for a tset spin at my standard comuting speed of 78mph (wrong speedo gear, so its around 65-70) after cruising on very smooth black top it was like a new truck :) I then barried the speedo a little past the "m" in mph, it was smooth the whole way!! Yes! I did notice at 60 or 55 I have a new wobble. Its more the shifter though, it doesn't come through the body. I think next I'm going to do some new motor mounts and tranny mount. I will take some pics of the DL angle for you airedout. My KA truck feels so fast compared to my 1200 dam. O and the DL guy said besides the bearing the DL was also out of ballence, but not to bad. Well I will keep you guys posted on any new vibration issues :D

Thanks for all the help guys, your the best.

P.s. I got my cell screen so that's why my spelling is back to bad :)