FREE DAN!!!!!!!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<--- :mellow:

yeah i know just wrong. to keep everyone happy some datsun content- When did the z car go fuel injected? Also i am wondering what a decent price for a 280z would be for one that is fairly straight and complete. It has some enkie 92s and from the quick look i got seems to be mostly orginal. also its fuel injected. I will get oics tomorrow for all of you.

yeah i know just wrong. to keep everyone happy some datsun content- When did the z car go fuel injected? Also i am wondering what a decent price for a 280z would be for one that is fairly straight and complete. It has some enkie 92s and from the quick look i got seems to be mostly orginal. also its fuel injected. I will get oics tomorrow for all of you.

:D ahhhhhh worthy content :lol: ,,, 1975 Fuel injection started on the s30 models ( 280z ) ,,, common problems are kuarter panel area rot outs , floor board rot outs ,,, under batter rot out ,,, and occasionaly engine bay frame area ,,, all manual's came standard with a 4-spd ,,, in 1977 I believe came with an optional 5spd manual trans ,,,

Depending on whether or not it runs,drives,stops , and was a daily driver ;) ,,, I look for mechanical condition first as well as any real body defects I can't fix myself ,,, I would say a good range for what you are talking about is anywhere between $900 -$2,000 range ( if paint is decent with a good motor that doesn't smoke or just needs a tune-up ) is a good area to start :)

Expect to put in about twenty percent of overall value bought for immediate maintenance/repair

I bought my 73 z car for about $1,700 ,,, first was mechanically sound ,,, paint not great but in very workable condition and straight for when the time comes :) ,,,

It ended up really having authentic mini-lites , tokico springs , tokico struts , a rebuilt engine , a semi tired trans , and a shot rear-end ( have replaced since for $100 w/bushings ) ,,, and have a total of $2,400 dollars into her with still bad paint from doors on back ,,, but I will fix that soon this summer ,,, we all know paint can cost a bundle :lol:

yeah the one i am looking at is factory 5 speed and i only saw one little dent at the front passenger corner of the hood. the motor is still stock. it is a charcoal gray color and looks pretty good i am going to be helping the guy that has it tomorrow and see about starting it and go from there.

edit: i want to make it my daily so i can get working on my truck more.

yeah the one i am looking at is factory 5 speed and i only saw one little dent at the front passenger corner of the hood. the motor is still stock. it is a charcoal gray color and looks pretty good i am going to be helping the guy that has it tomorrow and see about starting it and go from there.

Sounds like a plan man ! ,,, 5-speed you say even better moar shifting :cool: ,,, see the Z car threads on what to look for ,,, your biggest issue from what I understand will be the injector connections ( convert to GM type ) ,,, injectors ,,, fuel pimps ,,, and other little things ,,, these cars are FUN !!!

ohhhhh yeah ,,, chicks LOVE driving them ;) ,,, just not to often or it will be wrecked :lol:

You will most likely have a 3.54 diff ,,, you can look for and switch to a 3.90 diff ,,, easy to swap ,,, lots of upgrades and swaps for these cars ,,, and soooooooo much engine bay left to work on crap you can practically climb in , shut the hood , and sleep :lol:

If you are able to ,,, run some water down the window seals to check for leaks ( probably can't this time of year ) ,,, rear-end clunks are associated with a lot of things ( go underneath and check half-shaft/drive-shaft bolts ;) ) ,,, CV-joints go bad a bit more often ,,, Mustache Bar Bushings usually need to be replaced ,,, and Diff Mounts need to be replaced typically ! ( or other solution )

If you cannot figure out Fuel Injection Crap ,,, Stick Round-Top SU's on there ,,, :D

alright sounds good. thanks for the advice and i will get more info and pics tomorrow. i know one thing it needs tires bad.

edit: I am going to try to might have to put it one the payment plan but i will have the damn thing the only problem will be if or when i get it what will i drive to canby.