POLL: Where to mount my truck's battery? Pleese help NAOW!!

Guest DatsuNoob

10 members have voted

1. 1. Where?

• @ parcel tray location, under glove bawx!
    • hidden in cab as part of a custom center console
    • under the bed somewhere
    • on firewall in engine bay
    • behind heater if it fits
    • make a box and mount it in the bed top-side
    • Make it work out somehow, and stuff it in the glove box area

If you don't want it in the engine bay,I would make a nice box and put it where that package tray is. That would keep your cables short,too. Just don't slap something together. It'll be one of those 'I didn't have time to do it right the first time,but I had time to do it over again.'

good luck,and post pics!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of in the cab, under the passenger's seat, just as long as it is mounted securely, so that in the event of an accident it wont come loose inside the cab. You could even set-up a little jumping station, on that sheet metal towards the front of the seat, with a master on/off switch. Since mounting the battery under the seat would make a pain out of charging or quickly disconnecting the battery.

under the bed

can you fit it under one of the seats?

It's a battery. Sooner or later you will need or need to give a jump start. Good luck reaching it under there is the dark, rain, snow drift, ditch. Don't re-invent the wheel, keep it simple easy to get at.

I thought all Datsun batteries were mounted on the passenger side floor-pan .......... :lol:

I've been looking at one of those small oddessy batteries... (is it like Phil's battery?) ......... is it a sealed battery????

I like the idea of the center console if you build it into a battery box and padded console ........ .. and run a hidden batterry switch off the ground ....... ;)

Guest DatsuNoob

That's the plan Indy. Yes, it's very similar to Phil's battery, just the next size bigger. It would never fit under my seats either guys, I got like 2" under there, maybe? I bought the 4 ga. cables today, and routed them, perfect lengths too. pos side @ 6.5', neg @ 7.5' worked out great for a side mount orientation all the way back of the trans tunnel against the backwall of the cab. I'll get some pictures up as soon as it's all sorted. Will build a box around it once the seats are mounted and I can get some solid measurements. Right now it's just set up to run.