In negotiation for a potential project

I'm emailing back and forth with this guy. He has a nice old "ol' skool" vintage resto that has not been taken care of. I want to take this and restore it to it's former glory. Keep your toes crossed! Wifey is gone for a week and a half.. perfect time to sneak it home!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/547632938.html

What say yee?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's worth the price he's asking, but there's been a lot of work done to it (a lot to do to it). As stated.. it's a period piece and I can make it show truck worthy. I really don't want to see it "modified" when it has all the ol' skool stuff on it already. :cool:

It has been sitting for long ass time, It is from the Rainier Valley. It was sitting in this guys Drive way on MLK Way for years. I stopped and looked at it a couple of times. Dont let the picture fool you the interior is not that great of shape. Does it show the TV and everything. The bed is all upholstered like the cab witha walk through. Has some crazy ass ground effects on it...Does it Run???when I talked with the origianl owner last summer it wasnt running. He had to sell it because they bought up his land for the light rail system going to The Airport Via downtown seattle.. If you want to play with it offer $400-$500 and go for it. If you have the time it would be a fun littel retro project...

I just thought you would like to know about it a bit..I dont know what the owner has told you but I deliever in the Rainier Valeey 2 times a week for the last 7yrs and I know the truck...It has different rims it ahd some of those old school Tru spoke wire rims with raised white letterring..but anyways keep us posted...

Well we shall see. I haven't seen it in person yet, but if the pictures are current it's okay. I'm not expecting much.. but I WOULD treat it like an archaeological find. Gently remove the layers, preserve as much as I can. Doesn't really matter if it's running or not. The engine would come out for the resto. I can pick up a running 302 for pennies so that's not an issue. By the way, 302 is my favorite engine. I know everyone likes the small block Chevy, but I prefer the 302. In fact I may end up sticking one in my '49 Chev just to tick everybody off. I love having the distributor up front where it belongs and a good C4 or C6 tranny can't be beat. I'm not a Chev or Ford Man.. I like all cars.

Yes, I know this is a project and a half, but I feel someone should do the person who originally built it justice. Hate to see all that work go to waste. I love the look of this truck. If you factor in how much work was done to set this thing up it's well worth the time to strip it down and restore it. If it doesn't happen, no big either, but I hope it does. Got to go out and dust off the Spitfire now. Anxious to get rid of it. I've had lower back problems on and off all my life and the Spit' is just getting to hard to get in and out of when the top is up. The TR7 fits great and I have no problem with that. I may get rid of both Triumphs and replace them with mini pickups. May as well get something I can cruise AND use.... Later! :cool:

Oh by the way.. I appreciate the info you gave me.. thanks!

hey super, if you need bed hooks...i'll donate mine to your cause if you do pick up this truck. you pay the shipping and they are yours

Ha! Well the damage has already been done. I guess since the canopy will not be coming off that I can forgo the hooks. I would never remove them myself, should I ever want to use the bed of the truck for it's original purpose. :D

So have you gone and check out the truck yet or have you already gotten it, I bet you that little thing will cruise once you get it going.....

After having the weekend to think about it and looking at my "other projects", my Triumphs (2), the '49 Chev sedan, '65 Rambler and still more to do on the 620.. I'm having second thoughts. I wish I didn't have so much ahead of me. If I got that thing now it would just sit for another 24 months before I could do anything with it. I'm still pondering, but I know either it would get pushed back or one of my current projects would get pushed back further. I'd really like to get some of my current rides completed. I'll most likely pass on it. If it was a running and a little cleaner to where I could at least enjoy it right now then I would most likely pick it up. I'll letcha know whether or not I move forward.. right now my motivation in kind of falling by the wayside. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well I thought this was all but forgotten.. however, I received an email from the guy today and he stated that he's still open for all offers. I asked him if it had clear title and whether or not it ran. He stated that it ran beautifully and did have a clear title. Other than the cosmetics and some minor tweaking it's a good to go runner. So I'm meeting with him on Saturday.. stay tuned. :lol:

wow super, i really thought you were going to ditch this one. i am in the same boat you are, i have 3 trucks and 1 bike that i haven't finished yet and i refuse to work on anything else (even my house and garage...) untill i get at least one of them "out the door". go pick up this truck for $200 and have more projects than you know what to do with!! LOL!!

He changed his tune at the end.. which is fine. I really was going back and forth on it. What I'd really like is a '76-'77 Toyota SR-5 2wd pickup. I really like those.. had a solid peppy engine and I just like the looks. So I'll keep an eye open maybe I'll be ready for another around summer '08??? We'll see how it all plays out. :cool: