bad vibrations

frodo70444

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check you drive shaft bolts and u-joints for play. Maybe a bent rim? Stick your head out the window at about 70mph and see if you can see a wobbling wheel.

i am not goin 70 in this thing yet nope lol ima try tires first and see if that helps

The clutch is worn out if old or fried if abused. Heat has taken the temper out of the diaphragm spring reducing the clamping force and it slips, making more heat, making it slip more, more heat ........ :sweat:

The clutch may also be damaged and or a piece has broken off thus throwing the balance off and causing vibration.

The clutch is worn out if old or fried if abused. Heat has taken the temper out of the diaphragm spring and it slips making more heat making it slip more, more heat ........

The clutch may also be damaged and or a piece has broken off thus throwing the balance off and causing vibration.

brand new clutch this is my first driving exsperience with my datsun caus ei ahd to fix the clutch first is that spring the same spring that hooks to the throwout bearing? i didnt replace it but it seems like it would act the same way in all gears but it pulls rine in first and second

yea it just seems to rev higher without accelerating in fourth also but it accelerates really nice in 1st and 2nd but third if i give it a good bit of gas it will maintain speed and rev instead of accelerating but if i just kinda push the gas a little bit it will do ok im sorry if im not makin since i got a case of the scatter brains tonight

I had a truck that did that, even with a new clutch it still slipped. In my case, it was that someone put the wrong throwout sleeve on so it dragged the clutch all the time.

Other things can be too much surfacing of the flywheel friction surface (without doing a corresponding surfacing of the entire face where the pressure plate bolts to), or the pressure plate itself is worn out. Worn out either by wear or overheating, which reduces the clamping force.

With mine, the throwout got replaced. The clutch plate looked good so it was retained, but shortly thereafter it separated due to the heat from the prior slippage.

Also, this can happen if the clutch linkage is incorrectly adjusted. On the 210 I'm pretty sure the only adjustment is at the pedal. There should be some play when the pedal is released, if it is "tight" then it's not letting the pressure out of the system and that drags the pedal, causing slip. That "tiny" amount of slip is less noticeable in lower gears because it takes less torque to move the car, but in higher gears it will slip noticeably.

The throwout sleeve is what the throwout bearing is pressed onto, and the clutch fork attaches to it (the forked end). The sleeves came in various sizes depending on applications, even A-series ones came in different sizes, though in '81 I think they were all the same. Sometimes I've seen kits come with the whole assembly, not just the bearing, and if it was the wrong size, that could cause this. Or the bearing isn't seated all the way- same problem, drag. But drag is usually easy to determine- the pedal will be tight, or the slave cylinder will be totally bottomed out. Both ends should have a slightly "loose" fit when the pedal is released, otherwise there's pressure somewhere.

i dont know the clutch feels fine according to my foot as far as when it engages and disengages it feel like a clutch to me i dont know as far as the slave cylinder goes when i adjusted it after putting the tranny back in the car it did have a little slack and my teacher said it was working fine but he never rode in the car with me cause i didnt have it legal enough to drive also meant to say that the throwout bearing came already pressed in the sleeve its gonna be another month before i go back to school so yall are my only help untill then

Does it shake and make noise when in neutral with the engine running without the clutch pedal pressed? Yes or no? How about the same, in neutral but reving the engine? Yes or no? Then try pushing the clutch in and putting it in any gear and reving the engine without moving, does it vibrate and make noise now? Yes or no? wayno

Does it shake and make noise when in neutral with the engine running without the clutch pedal pressed? Yes or no? How about the same, in neutral but reving the engine? Yes or no? Then try pushing the clutch in and putting it in any gear and reving the engine without moving, does it vibrate and make noise now? Yes or no? wayno

naw engine revs smooth no noise neutral or in gear im leaning towards tires for the vibration the more i think about it really im more worried about the lack of acceleration once i shift into thirdim hopin its not a bad transmission i imagine the parts will be hard to find ill prolly have to make them out of wood or sum crap

Rev your engine to 5500 RPM's and Dump the Clutch :D , if it burnouts (Tires) then your clutch is good, if RPM's just stay up when you dump the clutch then something aint right.

i have only dumped the clutch in gravel there is sum slight hessitation but the tires do spin

A manual transmission can't slip. Only the clutch can.

The question is, is it really slipping, or is it just gutless? Either problem would show up more in 3rd and 4th gear, because those need progressively more torque.

It's possible, though highly improbable, that you could have a major drag in the gearbox (like a wiped bearing). You can find out if it's that by coasting in0gear bit with the clutch pedal pushed in. That connects the gears, and if the transmission is ready to seize up you'd know because it would behave differently in neutral-clutch in vs 3rd or 4th clutch-in.

A manual transmission can't slip. Only the clutch can.

The question is, is it really slipping, or is it just gutless? Either problem would show up more in 3rd and 4th gear, because those need progressively more torque.

It's possible, though highly improbable, that you could have a major drag in the gearbox (like a wiped bearing). You can find out if it's that by coasting in0gear bit with the clutch pedal pushed in. That connects the gears, and if the transmission is ready to seize up you'd know because it would behave differently in neutral-clutch in vs 3rd or 4th clutch-in.

i just took it up the road and i coasted witht he clutch in and in neutral it didnt seem strange maybe the car just has no balls!!! it just dont feel right to me and when i pop the clutch in reverse the tire spin like the should but in 1st there is sum hessitation and and this is all in gravel . if the clutch is slippin how do i fix that?