bad vibrations

frodo70444

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll spin the tires in reverse easier because the weight shift in reverse is towards the front. In 1st, the shift is to the back, giving more traction. One it breaks loose the weight shift goes back to natural. The reverse gear might be taller too.

Or, you have a hanging brake shoe.

so would a hanging brake shoe explain the engine reving up while goin down the road without noticeable acceleration?

doing burnouts in gravel aint gonna really tell you much :rolleyes: I do burnouts on Gravel roads in my bicycle all the time, hehe :D

Do one on the streets and then see what happens.

im not trying to tear my car up bro im trying to get the thing right so i can drive it and save gas if it wernt for me it would have been crushed and if i go tearing it up it gonna wind up crushed anyway!!!!!

so would a hanging brake shoe explain the engine reving up while goin down the road without noticeable acceleration?

No, but it would explain a noticeable lack of apparent power in one direction. However, it would be noticeable when coasting too.

The only thing that would explain rising RPMs with no change in speed is a slipping clutch.

And I've already given you a lot of ways to examine it. If the clutch isn't dragging (partially released) then the only solution is to replace the clutch and/or pressure plate, since it's not gripping, either from wear, poor design/cheap manufacture, or insufficient clamping force.

No, but it would explain a noticeable lack of apparent power in one direction. However, it would be noticeable when coasting too.

The only thing that would explain rising RPMs with no change in speed is a slipping clutch.

And I've already given you a lot of ways to examine it. If the clutch isn't dragging (partially released) then the only solution is to replace the clutch and/or pressure plate, since it's not gripping, either from wear, poor design/cheap manufacture, or insufficient clamping force.

that sucks bad cause i just put a brand new clutch in it when i say just i mean i have driven 15 miles on it

Does it make any weird noises or vibrations clutch in, in gear while idling or reving? I am trying to figure out if the clutch disc was put in backwards.

maybe a slight howling type of noise no noticeable vibrations but the howling noise is all the time just sumtimes but ive only been driving it up and down the driveway and maybe a quarter mile down the road since the drive home from the school about 15 miles or so cause i havent gotten it fully legal yet and i need to put tires on it...so it would still halfass function with the clutch disk in backwards?

Is it slipping: Drive along in second gear and accelerate. Press down on the brake at the same time and press down harder and harder. Car should come to a stop and the motor stall. If it slows but the motor keeps revving then it is slipping. Don't do this more than you have to as it will generate a lot of heat and ruin the new clutch. Yes or no????

If yes it's slipping we have to find out why.

Reach in an gently push down on the clutch peddle with your thumb. It should move about 1/8" before there is firm resistance. This is your peddle free play. Does yours have this clearance movement. Yes or no??????

Inspect the clutch slave cylinder. It's on the driver's side at the front of the transmission. Grab the clutch arm that goes into the side of the transmission. You should be able to move the arm forward and back slightly. Is it loose enough to move??? yes or no????

Reach in an gently push down on the clutch peddle with your thumb. It should move about 1/8" before there is firm resistance. This is your peddle free play. Does yours have it yes or no??????

i checked that with my foot today didnt use my thumb but if my foot counts then that has been checked and it may have a little extra slack in it but it felt fine to me...that was meant as a yes haha

Is it slipping: Drive along in second gear and accelerate. Press down on the brake at the same time and press down harder and harder. Car should come to a stop and the motor stall. If it slows but the motor keeps revving then it is slipping. Don't do this more than you have to as it will generate a lot of heat and ruin the new clutch. Yes or no????

If yes it's slipping we have to find out why.

Reach in an gently push down on the clutch peddle with your thumb. It should move about 1/8" before there is firm resistance. This is your peddle free play. Does yours have this clearance movement. Yes or no??????

Inspect the clutch slave cylinder. It's on the driver's side at the front of the transmission. Grab the clutch arm that goes into the side of the transmission. You should be able to move the arm forward and back slightly. Is it loose enough to move??? yes or no????

sorry man i missed half ur post the first time i read it i just went and did the second gear brake test and sur eenough the engine didnt stall so where should i go now?