wondering if i should get this

izzo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the one you were telling me about? It don't sound like too bad of a deal if the body is really as clean as it looks. A person could easily spend $1500 on bodywork. Does it have any motor in it now? If you need a DD now, probably not the right car. I think Dylan was looking for a car for him and his dad to fix up?

Its a hard call, i talked to him and he was hem hawing about it, and was having a hard time letting it go at 1500, said he might take 1200, i said i can't do that its still to steep. I know the body looks good, but the paint is chipping off in spots and it hasn't been driven yet. No motor/trans, wirings been hacked up a little bit for gauges, dash is between the seats lol...

Its a hard call, i talked to him and he was hem hawing about it, and was having a hard time letting it go at 1500, said he might take 1200, i said i can't do that its still to steep. I know the body looks good, but the paint is chipping off in spots and it hasn't been driven yet. No motor/trans, wirings been hacked up a little bit for gauges, dash is between the seats lol...

ill buy it if you dont....for 1200 ...h look a motor and tran , peice of cake...dash wireing EASY...that duel pipe HELLO am i the only person who want to fry off a set of tires in this thing.... i see 2dr shells with no paint go for a 1000...i think easy fix....l motor swap is like 150.00 dude ....2DR 510 come on say with me 2 DOOR 510 OR 2dr dime , ya 2dr oh ya a bubble 2dr 510... lets think i didnt see thebad parts here....i bet that exhaust is mean...

• Like 1

ill buy it if you dont....for 1200 ...h look a motor and tran , peice of cake...dash wireing EASY...that duel pipe HELLO am i the only person who want to fry off a set of tires in this thing.... i see 2dr shells with no paint go for a 1000...i think easy fix....l motor swap is like 150.00 dude ....2DR 510 come on say with me 2 DOOR 510 OR 2dr dime , ya 2dr oh ya a bubble 2dr 510... lets think i didnt see thebad parts here....i bet that exhaust is mean...

its raining outside, every day. with a side of nasty wind. come on over and help me get the motor/trans in there, bring your cherry picker... :rofl:

its raining outside, every day. with a side of nasty wind. come on over and help me get the motor/trans in there, bring your cherry picker... :rofl:

dont have a cherry picker....i guess you could always buy skibs old wagon....say it with me 2 dr 510...i love saying that just feels right...you get that car then you can say 2 dr ka 510....

Or... you could buy the set, sell whatever you can off the Z, and use that money to get to 510 going? A new motor and trans can be found pretty easily, especially here in Oregon, and for 1200 the body is pretty straight. and about the paint chicks, were you really gonna keep that paint job? Because (I for one) would sand that bitch down and re-paint it the first second I could...

Problem is no garage, i have an L20 on an engine stand i could throw together, just need a head, l16 pan & pickup tube. have all the rest.

Wires been tapped into, id have to throw it together, it rains sideways here a lot, and i have no cherry picker. I do have a trans, fly wheel, new clutch etc, dont have a throw out bearing tho

Just my 2 cents, but buying a basket case for a daily driver can end up really stressful. projects always have unexpected problems, you never know what some ham handed idiot has done to it before you. I bought a 64 ranchero that was an abandoned project for a daily and regretted it. big projects are fun but not when you rely on them to get to work the next day IMO.

Just my 2 cents, but buying a basket case for a daily driver can end up really stressful. projects always have unexpected problems, you never know what some ham handed idiot has done to it before you. I bought a 64 ranchero that was an abandoned project for a daily and regretted it. big projects are fun but not when you rely on them to get to work the next day IMO.

Good opinion. it has some good stuff in there too, i seen a fat sway bar, some good tail lights, etc... didnt see a heater box for it tho :\ Car was getting setup for autox