1972 PL521 Pictures - Finally

jefe de jefes

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some day, some day... How did you get the titan wheels to fit? Did you go the router method?...

By the way. That truck is way sick compared to the day I got my first one from ole pops

I didn't touch the wheels. Just added longer wheel studs and a 1/4 " spacer. I did grind the hubs before running the spacers though. I ran it like that for a while. I just started using the spacers , about 2 weeks maybe. I think the router method is for newer trucks. i.e. isuzu's , hardbody's.........Thanks.

You got it for cheap then.

Last he was asking $400

I couldn't take anymore projects when I saw it.

Tempted but resisted.

I'm in Fremont

It was first listed at $500 when I first saw it. They then dropped it down to $300 , I offered $200 and he took it. I guess he had too many projects , or no room for it. He didn't want the city to tow it away and crush it. They were pretty cool people. The PO's buddy has a 520 and a nl320 in his shop. I can't remember if I mentioned this site to them..........

jefe e jefes

Maybe get a set of steel stock rims and hubcaps also.

I use pathfinders in Summer and my stock set up in winter here in washington.I like both set up. But somehow putting the stock rims ages the truck making look even cooler.More like a classic

paint the rims white with stock chrome caps with a small whitewall strip looks cool also.

Actually I do have the stock wheels. I have them on the 64 right now. The 64 had a couple of flats so I used the 521 stocks to tow her home. I'm still debating whether to paint the stocks grey , red , or white...... My truck feels way quicker with the stocks on , the 18's are pretty heavy .

You got any pics of painted stocks? How about with beauty rings? I've been looking for some rings............:cool:

good job fixing up that truck. A paint job makes all the difference

Thanks Bleach , a little chrome and paint goes a long way!

BTW for those that might be wondering. The paint is a single stage ( no clear coat ) Milano red . My buddy that painted it says the newer hondas use that color???? I just wanted a quickie , cheap paint job and he hooked it up! Came out all smooth and shiny.

Milano red is the same color as 99-00 Civic SI coupes... I had 2 of 'em before.

That truck is freakin sweet!! That is too nice of a red, and I have now decided that I'm not going to repaint mine red, because it won't be as nice a looking paint job than that!!

I agree with the thought of the steels and caps, too!

Milano red is the same color as 99-00 Civic SI coupes... I had 2 of 'em before.

That truck is freakin sweet!! That is too nice of a red, and I have now decided that I'm not going to repaint mine red, because it won't be as nice a looking paint job than that!!

I agree with the thought of the steels and caps, too!

Well there you have it!

Thanks for the info..........

I thought my buddy was just trying to make it sound good.

Thanks brah!