shifter parts

willey878

i just bought a 71 521 pick up and when i was driving it home i tryed to put it into second and snaped a lower part on the shifter iv looked in all my local junk yards but the dont have any 521s i was woundering if id be able to get the part off any other modles and if so witch ones

thanks for all the help so far guys

datsun011.jpg

datsun006.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can get the broken piece out maybe it can be welded back together. What sux is that the 521 shifters are specific to that truck. I may have one in my parts stash you can have...ill look.

ok sweet il check out the junk yard again cause i know thers afew 610s ther that i might be able to get the peice from if i cant ill definly pm u to get yours off u

Which engine do you have? If it's the L-16 you should be able to swap the shifter bits over from the 510, but if it's the J-13 then you're pretty much stuck as they had a different transmission. I'm not sure what year the J-13 was made until, so yours is probably the L-Series, but you might want to check to be sure.

Holic, I didn't know that they used the same transmission... I always thought the two were different.

Willey... if you look on the side of the block you'll be able to figure it out... I think there's a number stamped on the passenger's side of the head, right under the head and close to the firewall. It should have "16" or "L16" stamped on it.

• 3 weeks later...