521 for sale

I am pretty sure most of you have seen the truck before.

1972 521

Body: Red paint. Mostly straight besides the normal bumps and bruises. All stock paint. Has the bumperettes and all the chrome that came with the truck originally. The only changed thing is the big mirrors have been removed and a small drivers mirror installed using the holes left previously. Solid floorboard with minimal surface rust. It comes with a new rear window seal and NOS window felt.

Interior: The seat is beat down and you feel the awesome bar going across the seat but not on the passenger side. No carpet but it comes with a 620 floormat that I have left out for fear or retaining moisture. The dash face is straight with two small holes from screws for something that was removed before I got the truck. The dashpad is beat down BUT I have a 520 metal dash cap that I had powdercoated black. Still has the package tray and the door panels are uncut two tone red. All handles are intact along with the wing windows functioning. All dash knobs and controls work perfectly. Even the heater temp control that is located on the heater box is intact and working perfectly. Also the window squirter works still. Has an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. A perfect 240z wood steering wheel with center horn button along with a matching wood remake SSS shifter knob. Also has a basic cd player with a input so you can use your ipod. Has speakers in the kick panels.

Engine is a Z22 bottom end with a A87 head. Dual 240z SU's on a chopped z manifold. Electronic dizzy. Has a 200sx 'dogleg' tranny but it pops out of 3rd gear under hard accleration but wont if you just rest your hand on the shifter. I have a perfectly functioning 'dogleg' tranny that will go with the truck also.

Brakes are stock drum and function like normal drum brakes. I have a tow dolly and have towed a few cars with it without a problem. It has a 2" receiver hitch hidden behind the lic. plate along with a 4 flat plug. Exhaust is 2.25" piping with a Flowmaster muffler. Low throaty tone to it.

Wheels are SSR Interceptors 16x7 0 offset with brand new 205 50 16 Dunlop Direzza DZ101 tires. They are flush and have a polished lip. The truck is about 4" lowered in the front and has 3" blocks in the rear. I have $1k in the wheels alone and will not take them off the truck.

If you are interested I can send pics via email.

I am asking $3500 obo.

(the same price as the person before without the wheels)

The truck is located in Woodinville WA.

You can either PM me or email fourdoor510@yahoo.com or call 425-931-3121

The reason I am selling the truck is I FINALLY have the opportunity to buy a 2dr 2 wheel drive 5sp. Pathfinder that is silver. Slammed.

I will post a couple pics soon. Let the banter begin.

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/back-off-my-garage/521001.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/back-off-my-garage/521003.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/back-off-my-garage/521002.jpg

Ignore the license plate.....I just towed a car with that engine/tranny in the back. This truck is a beast.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow $3500.00?

I'm not trying to be an asshole here but, that seems like quite a bit for it?!

I understand getting back money for wheels and all, but even the cleanest bone stock 521 MIGHT get that amount...and once again, I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to figure this out in my mind.:blink:

Yeah its original paint. Has no rust to hide.

If its not yours its never seems worth what someone is asking. I guarantee its one of the nicer stock paint 521's out there and more reliable.

I kind of go off what you DONT have to fix on this truck. Rust or any shoddy hidden bodywork. All the work has been done.

I personally don't get tricked with a quicky shiny paint job or our favorite awesome flat black paint both with your choice of body filler.

I have seen pretty clean 521's go for more.

Oh and it has air cleaners on the carbs also. :lol: Did I also mention its all one color :lol: Oh yeah it runs too :lol: and its more than 700 bucks cause its just that good :lol:

Remember its O.B.O.

Add it up.

Ray IMHO this truck is totally worth the money. If I were buying I would have offered at least $2500. (I know it is worth what you're asking, but when I was shopping, $2500 would have maxed out my budget.)

I know, easy for me to say it is worth 3k when I am not in the market for one. And I am on the east coast where these things aren't, so i naturally expect to pay more for one in this shape.

But my stock 521 sits in the garage, it doesn't need much work to get on the road, and I still can't seem to find the time to do it. I envy the idea of one ready to roll. Add to that if i were to personally do this sort of upgrade swap into my ride, it would be another 3 years before I had it on the road at the rate I am going.

I love my truck, and I love working on it when I get the time, so there is value in the hobby aspect of it too. But, a turn key 521, with some ZIP, that you can take your time playing with the cosmetics on if you feel like it, sounds pretty sweet about now.

Ideally I'd love to have a daily driver like this, and a project in the garage I gould take my time on.:)

Ray I think you should sell it to someone out of state

Thats truck keep comming back again and again. Hope Joe doesnt buy it back then the process will start all over again.

I wonder how much my 521 is worth I think its straighter but the rust is comming thru

Didn't you put an L20 in there HAinz? Bet it is worth alot. Hell, alot of us have watched all the work you've done to it! It is kinda a famous 521 as 521's go!

Be honest theres only a stock L18 in there right now and if I sell it I think 1000$ would be fair. Unless someone(Joe Smith) just got to have and and Ill see what they want to pay for it. Cause when Im done with it ,it will be WORE out

But there are still a few straight 521s that pop up for 800$

remember that blue one me and jeff were working on? It was FREE neede a diff and some wiring to the back lights otherwise it was fine.(who knows now where it is? In a back yard maybe rotting away maybe)

I like Ray's 521 Hainz and I don't think it's that outrageous in price. No rust counts for a lot and there's a pretty nice LZ in there to start along with the 5 speed. Be better if the tranny was already changed out first though, I'd expect that at this price point....

I also am a fan of the "drive it home" aspect, just knowing how hard it is to find a 521 in that shape let alone a running one..... I knew this day was coming, Ray has an affliction :) Nice truck, thats for sure!

I paid 200 bucks for my 521 so hell ya its steep:lol: but like I say to people when I am selling a rig. You cant offer me money untill you see it. You have no freekin clue to whats there and what isnt, or what does or does not need fixing. I hope this means my five two one is money in the bank!

Ok so I have been wrangled from the wheels and I am selling the truck with steel wheels for.....

$2100 Firm.

I have a couple of offers but they want to make installments, or its someone who I dont want to sell it to. So I am giving it a try to see if anyone has the money to get it outright.

Ok better yet I got $2500 for it with the window felt, new rear window seal, and the included 5sp installed.

Thats without the wheels. I sold the wheels for exactly what I have into them. $900.

Total $3400.

So for all you who questioned the worth without seeing the truck, understand its better to see it before stating thats its not worth it. Especially when I had links to this posting when I posted the ad on Craigslist. It made it look bad to anyone who was interested in the truck, when the peers on this site stating its not worth it.

I always have trouble posting anything on sale here. You can check the track record. Alot of people on here questioned the worth of what I am selling. You know who you are. Have fun selling your stuff.

I do thank the people who didnt question the worth.

i will vouch for this truck, the owner, and the shop it sits in front of!!

and i can definately vouch for the wheels/tires being worth the cash!!

and ya, total pain in the ass for craigslisters to read about the truck not being worth a shit on a website that is strictly about old datsuns... makes people think all datsuns aren't worth a shit, which we all know is clearly not the case.

good luck ray.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.