Today was awesome!

So heres a short story that really doesn't matter for shit, but ima tell you anyways and you know you're gonna read it.

I woke up this morning to the sound of angels singing and birdies chirping. I instantly knew it was going to be a good day.

I ran down the stairs with my keys in my hands ready to hit the car running. Step 1, wrap the manifold. (Got some DEI titanium header wrap for my manifold.) Step 2, torque down the head. POP! Done. re-checked it 3 times to verify correct numbers. DONE! Install intake and exhaust manifolds with new shiny hardware I just purchased. Oh shit... where did I put that... 10 minuets gone.. oh yeah, it's with the carburetor. *Facepalm* huh.gif 10 minuets wasted but I don't care. It's almost noon and I'm already half way done.

LUNCH BREAK.

Fast forward another hour.

Grab the 28MM socket and 1/2'' drive ratchet and all other little tools and adjust the valves. Reference Pumpkins "How-To" then realize the manual is next to me and theres no need to get on Ratsun. Now my new laptops all oily. Fuckit, that's RATSUN baby!! anyways, .010 adjusted and ready to go! Grab the carb and slap it on there with my custom throttle bracket. Adjust and ta daaaaaaaaa!!!! Hook up all the coolant lines and wires. Oh yeah, and the fuel line. Cuz thats (hella) important YO. Put the spark plugs in without cleaning. "I'll do that later. I just wanna start it" is what I told myself. tongue.gif Grabbed the battery and threw it in the car. Filled up all my fluids and got the air out of the engine. Attached the air cleaner, which was nicely provided by Bonvo I might also ass, to the Weber. Realized that my 12 volt wire to the fuel cutoff was hanging down on the block. Glad I didn't hook up the battery.

10 minuets go by fiddling and making last minuet adjustments.

Anyways, now my dads standing in front of the car as i turn it over with the coil unhooked, just to check for leaks or odd noises. All clear. Hook the coil up, turn the key and all I hear is "ruh ruh ruh ruh ruhhhhhhh...." dead. Pull the battery, put it on the charger at 10 amps. Leave it for an hour.

Go fuck around on Forza 3 in my 510 dreaming. Then go out with my brother fucking around in the S/C Tiburon. Thats a WHOLE other story. lol

Hour later and I grab the battery, throw it in the car and turn the key. "YESSSSSSSS!!!!" I'm like a happy clown. It actually turned over this time!!!! A few seconds of cranking and it's not running. Pump the gas a little and then next thing I know VAROOOOMMM she comes to life. Obviously healthier now that she's not running on 50PSI of compression. yYah I know mike, CLOWN SHOES. Yada yada yada.

Anyways, the fun was outlived because I had to shut it off. The exhaust was cut right after the manifold so it was a little noisy. I jacked it up, put on the CherryBomb and started her back up to let it idle. So smooth and clean. Still smoking, but at least it's all oil this time and not water. Probably stuck rings. At least that's fixable without tearing it down. cool.gif Seafoam FTW!

Soon to be driving it now! Just gotta button up a few things and do more tuning and adjustments. Then she's gonna hit the road and before I know it, I'll be heading out to pick up a new(ish) Datsun! Maybe a 620 ;)

I think I deserve a Dr. Pepper now. too bad I can't drink em anymore :( been about a month.

Oh well. Off track now. Guess thats it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy0O_-mEcg4

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...