i need a 510 wagon driveshaft

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have the tranny I want! I now realize my mistake in not reading ds as Driveshaft. Good luck on finding a drive shaft. What drive shaft do you currently have?

im not exactly sure exactly. its too short though. like an idiot i bought it on craigslist without thinking "hey, maybe a wagon driveshaft is longer than the other ones.." you live and you learn... i could measure it later and tell you how long it is if your interested. (the driveshaft that is)

This fellow in Prunedale may have one. There is another one being parted in Hollister. Check the Datsun parts for sale section on this board.

http://community.rat...-goon-part-out/

http://community.rat...arting-71-goon/

i saw the one in hollister. he said his is an automatic. i wasnt sure if it thats the same length, and if it have the same end part that connects to the tranny.... Any one know if there the same??

Good idea...

Sedan driveshafts = two of mine measure 42 1/2" between u-joint cup centerlines, and the one

other measures 42 1/4". They all came from 2 door and 4 door PL510 sedans. The shaft from

a JATCO automatic 2 door is the same 42 1/2" as another one from a 4 speed car. I would

consider 1/4" a tolerance variation given the fudge factor that splines permit.

Important discovery about yoke splines:

The JATCO (73 2dr 510) automatic I have has different yoke splines than the PL

510 4 speeds, but drive shaft is the same length as for a 4 speed.

My B-series long 5 speed (78 810 2dr coupe) has the same splines as all short tail 510 4 speeds

I've ever had laying around to check (currently two of them).

Trans lengths, measured with tape measure from bell face to end of input shaft

using framing square at rear to make things hopefully square and parallel:

PL510 4 speed ----------------------- 26 1/2"

PL510 '73 JATCO automatic ------ 26 1/4"

810 'long' B-series 5 speed --------- 31 1/4"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.