L20B Rebuild

deadmonkey

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

should always put new heater hoses on!!!!

I did the same thing but was a top rad hose!!!!!!!!! I learned my lesson. ductape fixed it till I got home.

those heater hoses are only like 8-15$ pc from nissanbuy spares as I do. for my 510 and 521

yea for reals i left my stock lower radiator hose because i couldn't find it one one place... bad idea... sprung a leak and nearly went over the 200 marker good thing im always watching my temp gauge

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

So I've been driving it back and forth to work this entire time. I have about 300 miles on the new engine now. Runs great once it warms up. She really does not like to go when she is cold. I can't blamer though, I mean who does. Sometimes I hear a sequel that sounds like the fan belt but isn't. I really think it is the clutch plate. It only happens when I'm backing up and its cold (more low pitched) and sometimes when I'm going a constant speed (about 3,500 RPM) but stops if I let the gas off but oddly doesn't seem to stop if I push in the clutch. I still need to bleed the clutch but I'm waiting to buy a new slave cylinder.

I was thinking perhaps the pilot bearing, but I double checked it before I put it all together and it looked fine so I didn't replace it.

should always put new heater hoses on!!!!

I did the same thing but was a top rad hose!!!!!!!!! I learned my lesson. ductape fixed it till I got home.

those heater hoses are only like 8-15$ pc from nissanbuy spares as I do. for my 510 and 521

I think its a good idea to replace the hoses inside the heater box too.

Mine were VERY brittle, probably never saw the light of day since 1972

She really does not like to go when she is cold. ?????? retime it and ck the mixture.

YOu have a choke? electric or manual?

Is there a water passage line to heat up the intake/carb? If not carb could ice up on cold days esp rainey near freezing.

should look into the squeel.why wait for a new slave when blleeding a clutch is 5 mins and could be part of the proplem(not likely)

Hit the pavement!!!!!!!!!!

I assume when one replaces a motor they use a new T/O bearing for the trans.

If this is a truck and theres a whine Is the truck very low over 3 inches? then a carrier bearing could cause a noise also. maybe raise truck on jack and run it. see if no whinning?

make sure trans to motor bolts are tight and havent loosened.

yes to the water passage. electric choke, but I am not certain it is working.

Timed exactly to 12deg TDC after I came back from work while it was warm, making sure the vacuum was disconnected.

I may have exaggerated the not going when cold, but there is hesitation and mild lack of power but is fine if I slowly accelerate.

I'll check out the other stuff tomorrow.