1976 120Y slider

Drifter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overhauld the clutch slave sylinder and put it together again today.

Removed all the interior and carpets.

also Removed the intake manifold and exhaust manifold today.

... And found out that I need another exhaust manifold to be able to run the R6-carbs, since the OEM exhaust has a weird watercooling? hole in it.....

Does anybody have any sugestions to what datsun exhaust manifold might fit? (one that does not have that weird HOLE on top of it? (maybe even tuned length??)

All ideas are welcome :)

r6 is 600cc...

these will need jetted up some to run on the bigger 1200...

zuum510? on here had these same carbs on an l16.. IIRC he drilled the jets the first time and was close enough for it to run and drive... i think he got ahold of a bike guy and got some jets to tune it better from there.

i have some itbs meant for a 1200 cc or so bike. they are 44's and i have 3 different jet sizes but never really thought that much into jetting them or getting a manifold made to run them. look forward to seeing the progress! they are for sale currently but this makes me want to run them! ha

By my guestimations, carbs should run with original jets. probably not perfect by no means. But still. Only time will tell...

Still waiting for the aluminium bends for the manifold. Gonna make it 90 degree downdraft, with the velocity stacks threw the hood. And have a removable scoop over them when bad weather :)

anybody ever seen a pic of a b210 with a scoop/bulge? :)

• 1 month later...

Got my car inponded :( had to pay 500 euro to get it back. hurts.

This hurt the budget bad. so thats why i have been so lazy with updates and progress.

Now the car has to be drivable before july, so things is happening again.

Just started painting it now. gonna have it ready for a photoshoot by the end of next week :)

pictureupdate later today

Hello everybody.

Prenote:

Always been a Nissan man, and finaly got around to buying a RWD datsun :)

this is probably not the most serious poroject here, and some people might even hate me for doing this to the poor thing...

I sold my nitrous-enhanced miata NA to finance this, so I cant wait to get it done, and finaly have something fun to drive again!

I`m totaly new to old datsuns, so I`m here hoping for some help when the times get tough.

The starting point after some hours of scrubbing and shining:

33871_431896806853_525011853_5703777_3467874_n.jpg

I need to make the highest possible amount of respons from the motor, so the plan is so far:

- lightened flywheel

- extractors and exhaust

- solid "sinter" clutchplate

- ported and polished head

- compressor

- weber??

Feel free to spit out ideas :)

Nice ride.

• 7 months later...

It`s always sad when a project slips away, and is never finished....

Luckily this will continiue :) Other things in life has made it very hard to do anything with the little sunny over the last year. For the moment I am on the lookout to rent workshop to start up the "Will it drift" project again.

I have ordered a bunch of parts the last mounths tough.. And by now I can tell for certain , that its gonna be a WIDEBODY sunny ;)

I was thinking... is it "ok" to flip the springblades and run them upside-down in the same order as is? I want to go loooow on a budget, and wondering if this will work with shortened dampers ofcourse.(?) 

My 620 had springs flipped upside down, or so i was told. Had to cut the bump stops, and only had about an inch of really weak suspension. Laecoen <sp> flipped his overload spring and clamped it back down with lower results. still a good ride too i hear... did it to rustina's wagon also

IMG_20110624_205553.jpg

My 620 had springs flipped upside down, or so i was told. Had to cut the bump stops, and only had about an inch of really weak suspension. Laecoen <sp> flipped his overload spring and clamped it back down with lower results. still a good ride too i hear... did it to rustina's wagon also

Hm, thanks. I would imagine that the ride will soften or have about the same spring-rate? I am looking for something low, and stiff as a upper lip...