1976 120Y slider

Drifter

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is the exact same thing I'm looking at doing on my '78 B210.

Right now I'm running everything S13 except the crossmember

Couple questions:

justering1.jpg

Is that as far as you could go inward for the redrill point or just as far as you took it?

S13 is about 4" wider than our chassis so 2" inward on each side should do.

Are you going rack and pinion or keeping the steering box/linkage setup?

If going rack, what are you doing about inner tie rods? I hear B13 sentra are supposed to be shorter yet bolt onto the rack.

I'm following this build as I'm about to put mine up and tear it apart this summer. I'm also going S13 IRS for the rear but narrowing my subframe 6" and having axles cut and resplined.

Couple questions:

Is that as far as you could go inward for the redrill point or just as far as you took it?

S13 is about 4" wider than our chassis so 2" inward on each side should do.

Are you going rack and pinion or keeping the steering box/linkage setup?

If going rack, what are you doing about inner tie rods? I hear B13 sentra are supposed to be shorter yet bolt onto the rack.

I'm following this build as I'm about to put mine up and tear it apart this summer. I'm also going S13 IRS for the rear but narrowing my subframe 6" and having axles cut and resplined.

I`m probably going for a S13 rack, and just cut it a little. My box orginal box is shot.

I belive 2" to be the most you can posibly move it. Probably a little bit less if you dont want to use a hammer.

It worth noting that the subframe sits realllllly low under the car. about 1,5 - 2" lower than the standard x-member. I realy did not care, since I get the motor as low as possible in relation to the body. But it is realy the lowest part of the car by far. Also the 120y mountingpoints for the caster-rods gets way to high, so s13 ones will have to be used, or custom fabricated.

I`m also planing the s13 irs, but dont have a welder in my little garage, so will have to wait... :)

• 1 month later...

Is that last photo at full droop? You're going to have a retarded amount of negative camber under load, if so.... ROCK IT!!

FYI, since the lower control arm is parallel in the photo, the camber will go more positive as it's compressed, not negative.

But even then, that's still a shit ton of negative camber. B)

• 8 months later...

Time to finish up the suspension. Got hold of some Cusco S13 rear coilovers for parts.

190313-1.jpg

Gonna be using the original S13 front struts for now, with the cusco springs. Shaft collars is ordered. Using the original 120y/b210 top mounts.

190313-2.jpg

No front flairs needed :)

190313-3.jpg

Next up: Customizing caster-arms-framemounts and painting engine compartment

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah. Front Coilovers would have been perfect. But im in economy modus until it gets started..

Have done a little bit since last. Mounted the Engine and painted the underside of the car. Front suspension is also in. Rear next.

Had to move the front hubs 2 inch forward to be able to obtain sufficiant steering lock.

datsun_50.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job. I like it very much. The only aspect of it I do not feel following is the 240 dash board. A fast and crazy B210 which boats power but yet looks as intended is the escense of my attraction to this and all jap cars. But it is your car and what rocks your chair rocks your brain.

Cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job. I like it very much. The only aspect of it I do not feel following is the 240 dash board. A fast and crazy B210 which boats power but yet looks as intended is the escense of my attraction to this and all jap cars. But it is your car and what rocks your chair rocks your brain.

Cool.

True that. I`m afraid your not gonna like the lates addition either...

r32.jpg

Rear track is for the moment widened using huge spacers... waiting for new rear axle.

Wheels are 7,5 x 16 with 225x50x16 rear and 205x50x16 front. Dont remeber offset atm.

• 3 months later...

Thank you. Progress has been slow this summer.

Done since last time:

* Mounted s13 transmission. (Gearbox mounts under production).

* Fixed mounts for the dash.

* Played around with rear fender options...

not sure I like this... have to try out something else before I start welding,

1377066_10151633095061854_1063746747_n.j