1976 120Y slider

Drifter

Hello everybody.

Prenote:

Always been a Nissan man, and finaly got around to buying a RWD datsun :)

this is probably not the most serious poroject here, and some people might even hate me for doing this to the poor thing...

I sold my nitrous-enhanced miata NA to finance this, so I cant wait to get it done, and finaly have something fun to drive again!

I`m totaly new to old datsuns, so I`m here hoping for some help when the times get tough.

The starting point after some hours of scrubbing and shining:

33871_431896806853_525011853_5703777_3467874_n.jpg

I need to make the highest possible amount of respons from the motor, so the plan is so far:

- lightened flywheel

- extractors and exhaust

- solid "sinter" clutchplate

- ported and polished head

- compressor

- weber??

Feel free to spit out ideas :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you are wanting a fast fun car I would do a sr20det swap. I mean it would probily take the same ammount of time to get the sr in there as it would take to get the new engine built.

Nice clean project..i notice the wheels on the jack are missing :cool:

Its gonna get as low as it go....

I think if you are wanting a fast fun car I would do a sr20det swap. I mean it would probily take the same ammount of time to get the sr in there as it would take to get the new engine built.

Yeah, probably true, Was thinking ca18det if a swap. I love that bie-sound it makes. pure music :)

I am so jealous of your bumpers! And the grill is cool to. Looks like a clean car to start with. Post some more pics of it with the wheels on.

Thanks! I need just need some rubber first. Sadbly i promissed the misses to take her on a weekend in venice first.... ^^

41321_418998291853_525011853_5410272_2661037_n.jpg61703_431896481853_525011853_5703771_5950545_n.jpg

sorry for shitty pictures, but some on help me figure out if this is "safe" or not? could get a 2 inch spacer and reweld the wheelarces.... hm....

I'd say the wheel itself probably would touch the leave spring because the leaf spring is located to the diff via a dowel but unless you have stretched tyres the tyre would probably touch. when cornering

Also you'll probably find the top will touch as the diff will move a round a little bit especially if you're going to be drifting it. Though a panhard bar will help with that.

Its pretty borderline though. Really i'd be aiming for atleast half an inch clearance.

whether its unsafe? Not sure depends how often it touches I guess, its going to sound horrible and annoy the crap out of you definitely.

Yeah... the rear is probably moving much more around on this thing than anything i have ever had before :/

I have decided to go CA18DET by the way. Will probably by a crashed s13 and chnge over anything i can. just gonna start with the engine, but want to do a complete change: s13 subframes front & rear, s13 dash, seats and interior. In general: Build an s13 with a B210-shell...... my dreamcar :) hehe

I wonder if its ever been done before......?

But first of all: Get a motor

Sweeet thing :) Do you have any videos of it?

Did you keep the stock rear drivetrain, or did you go irs?

hey drifter, no vids. the rear end is stock. so far it has held together pretty well. i have driven it pretty hard so far with no problems. i'm waiting to see how well it holds up when i mount slicks.

Plans for this weekend: New exhaust system. The old system was full of bad do-it-yourself-fixes and holes, so a new one is in order. Decided to go with a 2 inch straight system. I wanted a system that I could modify when a do the engineswap, but didnt want it to be to big for the existing motor either, so concluded that a 2 inch would be the perfect middlepoint. Gonna be running just one silencer in the back for now...

44931_438556371853_525011853_5833399_1958763_n.jpg

Plans for this weekend: New exhaust system. The old system was full of bad do-it-yourself-fixes and holes, so a new one is in order. Decided to go with a 2 inch straight system. I wanted a system that I could modify when a do the engineswap, but didnt want it to be to big for the existing motor either, so concluded that a 2 inch would be the perfect middlepoint. Gonna be running just one silencer in the back for now...

44931_438556371853_525011853_5833399_1958763_n.jpg

i think a two inch is way to small if you plan on swapping in the ca18det later. at the very least a 2.5 inch system, but hey if you already bought the parts then oh well. i run a three inch all the way. the car is still pretty quiet with the silencer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finaly got around to changing my clutchplate. Problem was that it has been between -10 and -17 celcius the last mounth, so cold as f**** for that kind of work. lol

166395_470494806853_525011853_6327060_1838097_n.jpg

Only two words came to mind: "Toooo late" :/

164453_470495271853_525011853_6327067_577712_n.jpg

Just installed the new clutchplate, and cleaned up the other parts.... Hope it will stick until summertime :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

22668774002_large.jpg

thanx to metalmonkey for help with the planing of the manifold :)

Haven`t decided how im gonna make the air-filtering. Probably gonna end up with a "shaker-scoop", or maybe like this:

rtrx_002.jpg

... kind of digging the paint-scheeme 2 :)

cool.gif cool dude! Glad I could help.

I thought about extending the manifolds on mine and sticking them out the hood all badass style. Kinda Pumpkin style laugh.gif

Just to have it out there: I hate apple mac-book-skit#€%&@@@!!!........

But, finaly the weather was good; sun and plus-degrees. Perfect to get shit done:

Removed the half-busted stock carb.

Gave the valve-cover a onceover with fresh paint.

Testfitted the carbs, and found i got clearance :)

Removed the cracked grill for fix & paint.

++...

22668774005_large.jpg

22668774004_large.jpg

22668774003_large.jpg