Autocross with "The Green Beast" - Updated 1/30/11

NCRmtrsprts510

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get it fixed and come out and play next weekend, we (American auto-x) are having a 2 day event at great america gunna have Lisas 510 out there and it would be cool to have another 510 out there

Clayton

Spring rates ? What size front and rear bars ? Alingment specs.. does it rotate ?

i have no for sure specs on any suspension/alignment stuff, but i do have a rear sway bar not sure what size maybe 3/4", but i do not have a front sway bar since the swap.

How'd you do? What else was out there kicking ass? Canby autox had a bitched 1200 and a trailered scirocco.

i was as fast as most of the newer stock cars out there, golfs, 240sx's, etc.

Wow...

This shot makes your car look So mean!!! ...... 100% buisness .......... I never knew they looked so good without all the negative rear camber...... :lol:

hah thanks only if she gave 100% business instead of choking the last two runs...

get it fixed and come out and play next weekend, we (American auto-x) are having a 2 day event at great america gunna have Lisas 510 out there and it would be cool to have another 510 out there

Clayton

ooo ill try to make it out there, great america is so close to me.

Why are all the course workers running for there life when your going by. :o

you mean in this photo?

aDSC_2408.jpg

well its probably because im flying off the course taking out 4 cones, as u can see the one in mid air right behind my car and like 2 that are under it as well and the one right in front of my car im about to take out haha, it was the first run and i was getting a feel for the car, and got a little throttle happy on one of the faster corners lol booost ftw!

That 510 looks sick, autox is very fun. You definitely need bigger sway-bars and more spring rate. :P

Are you planning on putting on flares?

Clayton

I was planning to come out again in my Toyota btw, installing new shocks tomorrow.

That 510 looks sick, autox is very fun. You definitely need bigger sway-bars and more spring rate. :P

Are you planning on putting on flares?

i was planning on it, but i might, but priority is springs and coils for the engine..

how stiff do u guys think i should go?? with stripped interior with a 16gal cell in the back, ca18det weighs about 600lbs.. i was thinking of getting the ground controls?

i was planning on it, but i might, but priority is springs and coils for the engine..

how stiff do u guys think i should go?? with stripped interior with a 16gal cell in the back, ca18det weighs about 600lbs.. i was thinking of getting the ground controls?

I'm no pro at this, but I'd recommend getting ground control, it makes it really easy to swap the springs. 2.5" Springs are pretty cheap, I've seen many sites that sell them in a huge selection of rates. maybe for the weight of that engine 300-350lb in front?

you mean in this photo?

aDSC_2408.jpg

well its probably because im flying off the course taking out 4 cones, as u can see the one in mid air right behind my car and like 2 that are under it as well and the one right in front of my car im about to take out haha, it was the first run and i was getting a feel for the car, and got a little throttle happy on one of the faster corners lol booost ftw!

Yea that's the one. Great shot.

racestuff020.jpg

Keep it up and you will be sporting one of these. I call it my 10K jacket. LOL

I'm no pro at this, but I'd recommend getting ground control, it makes it really easy to swap the springs. 2.5" Springs are pretty cheap, I've seen many sites that sell them in a huge selection of rates. maybe for the weight of that engine 300-350lb in front?

yea thats sounds good, i wanna get the ground controls because they are a pretty good price for the fronts and seem pretty easy to install. and i would get their rears too as that too is a good price.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...