how do i lower my 81 b210 sedan?

frodo70444

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can cut the coils all the way around, but you need to get some good shocks to prevent bottoming out! Suggestion KYB Gas A Just. In the rear I used cut 72ish 510 rear springs cause they are stiffer. Did this in my 79 GooN and 210 sedan! Cut them down one coil, if thats not low enough, cut 1/4 at a time and dont go down more than 2 full coils. In the GooN the strut towers were cut out and raised up 1.5 in. It helped alot to keep some susp travel. I love my 210 and welcome to the forum, Now you HAVE TO post some oics of your rides! ;)

You can cut the coils all the way around, but you need to get some good shocks to prevent bottoming out! Suggestion KYB Gas A Just. In the rear I used cut 72ish 510 rear springs cause they are stiffer. Did this in my 79 GooN and 210 sedan! Cut them down one coil, if thats not low enough, cut 1/4 at a time and dont go down more than 2 full coils. In the GooN the strut towers were cut out and raised up 1.5 in. It helped alot to keep some susp travel. I love my 210 and welcome to the forum, Now you HAVE TO post some oics of your rides! ;)

i accualy havent bought it yet but im goin to sumtime next week if i dont buy it they are goin to crush it :unsure: ill post a link to my youtube channel i have a video of it runnin the only pic i have the forum said it is to big to post it does have sum body rust i believe it the a15 and its a 5 speed witht he wooden shift knob it needs brake work and the peple said it needs a slave cylinder but i dont think i can go wrong for 150 bucks just for reference how much drop will one coil get me? and u say kyb gas a is the a the type and are the struts specificaly for the 210? i know nothin about datsun except its a rear wheel drive 4 banger i do think the shift knob would be nice to sand down and revarnish :rolleyes: could i just get sheetmetal and get a body shop to weld up the holes? if i weld it the holes will prolly get bigger thanks for ur info

thats the link if ur a youtube member show me sum love

Ok thats alot to go thru in this thread.

Go to the body/paint section for info on your rust prollems.

It will prolly need a slave cyl I have had to do that to both my 210s!

The shocks go into your strutts after you remove the strut from the car!

But FIRST THING you do after you get the car is take alot of good thurough oics(pics) of it and post them on the forum. We need the oics to live! And you will get better help if you do!

Make sure to try to use the "Search" funtion on the site before asking what may be seen as a stupid question.

Ok thats alot to go thru in this thread.

Go to the body/paint section for info on your rust prollems.

It will prolly need a slave cyl I have had to do that to both my 210s!

The shocks go into your strutts after you remove the strut from the car!

But FIRST THING you do after you get the car is take alot of good thurough oics(pics) of it and post them on the forum. We need the oics to live! And you will get better help if you do!

Make sure to try to use the "Search" funtion on the site before asking what may be seen as a stupid question.

u lost me on the shock strut talk lol im not a car dummy or nothin im in school for automotive technology but umade it sound like a datsun strut is different than modern day struts the strut itself is the shock correct? and yeah i didnt mean to get off topic bout body work my brain goes 5 million miles an hour if i did half the stuff i think about doin at any given moment i wouldnt have time to do anything lol for example as we speak im thinkin about wat guns i want wat kinda sound system i want in my olds wat kinda motor i want in my ford girls other girls school online classes just many things lol ...adhd to the extreme but like i say in all my replys thanks a million for ur time and wat is a oic?

Ha Ha, yea I got ADHD too ;)

An Oic is a Fancy way to say Pic that is a short term for Picture! Thats just how we roll!

And the datsun strut has a nut that holds a shock insert inside the strut body. You dont have to compress it to take it appart either!

To get the rear springs out all you have to do is remove the shocks and hang the suspension!

Anything else there Zippy? :lol:

Ha Ha, yea I got ADHD too ;)

An Oic is a Fancy way to say Pic that is a short term for Picture! Thats just how we roll!

And the datsun strut has a nut that holds a shock insert inside the strut body. You dont have to compress it to take it appart either!

To get the rear springs out all you have to do is remove the shocks and hang the suspension!

Anything else there Zippy? :lol:

will lowering the rear affect the driveshaft ? ya know beside possibly being dragged on the road i dont wanna go to havin to rotate the rearend to get things lined back up and is the fourlink a good thing? cause its got it oh and did u watch the vid on youtube? and wat about the lowering hieght per cut?

the 4link is great cause the driveline angle isnt a prollem. You will have prollems with it hitting the floor if you go to low, stiffer 510 springs and the shocks i suggested should make all the difference when it comes to bottoming out! And raising the driveline tunnell isnt hard!

2eDeYe' date='23 September 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1285282778' post='357538']

Depends on how low you go. 1"-3" shouldn't be a problem.

Where's the pics at?? :D

the car is still at the babysitter they are holdin it ransom until i buy it haha but its mine my mom is accualy gonna buy it for me since they only want 150 and im in school so wat better thing to do at school than fix up a car that belongs to me its like a late birthday present since my birthday was a month ago anyway wat im gettin at is the only pic i have the forum wouldnt let me post cause it said it was to big...bummer how could anything about a datsun be to big for this place? anyway i will be takin manymany pictures to make u lunatic very happy i promise so to get lets say 1.5"'s i would cut how much??

thats a link to a video i made of it

best i can do right now sorry folks

the 4link is great cause the driveline angle isnt a prollem. You will have prollems with it hitting the floor if you go to low, stiffer 510 springs and the shocks i suggested should make all the difference when it comes to bottoming out! And raising the driveline tunnell isnt hard!

so 510 springs will fit the 210 huh?get 210 shocks?

so 510 springs will fit the 210 huh?get 210 shocks?

Yes 510 springs rear only! Heard that the rear springs off a 280z will work for the front, but that was what some guy told me! And yes use 210 shocks, be sure to get stiffer than stock ones. The "KYB Gas A Just" shock is great cause its adjustable!

Yes 510 springs rear only! Heard that the rear springs off a 280z will work for the front, but that was what some guy told me! And yes use 210 shocks, be sure to get stiffer than stock ones. The "KYB Gas A Just" shock is great cause its adjustable!

kool more stuff to think about just what my brain needs how the heck do i post wat few pictures i have? sorry for being off topic

To tell if it has the factory 5 speed look under the hood up on the cowl just above and behind the valve cover. There should be a credit card size aluminum tag with this info stamped on it. The one below is for the Nissan Hardbody but yous will be roughly similar. On your look down in the lower left where it says TRANS/AXLE... just to the right it should say FS5W60A if you indeed have a 5 speed in it.

720stuff061Small.jpg

To tell if it has the factory 5 speed look under the hood up on the cowl just above and behind the valve cover. There should be a credit card size aluminum tag with this info stamped on it. The one below is for the Nissan Hardbody but yous will be roughly similar. On your look down in the lower left where it says TRANS/AXLE... just to the right it should say FS5W60A if you indeed have a 5 speed in it.

720stuff061Small.jpg

i may have over looked the tag but i did move the trans through the gears with it sitting there and i felt 5th gear plus it has the factory wooden shift knob that gives the shift pattern only thing i found under the hood was on the hood itself and it specifacly said a15? arent the 5 speeds better drivers/ or is it just for fuel economy? and thanks for ur time