how do i lower my 81 b210 sedan?

frodo70444

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a good thing ;) ,,,, in the bottom right corner you can give someone a + or - vote if you like their idea or if they say something stupid/ do something stupid !

Plumpkin210 and I liked your idea ! :D

kool i thought it meant peice of shit!!! lol but nope it means positive so kool i had a chevy 1500 that sat low but i broke the frame on it bottoming out i miss that crooked bastard

The "KYB Gas A Just" shock is great cause its adjustable!

It's adjustable? How?

When they were installed on my car the mechanic said they were "self-adjusting", which sounded like a gimmick.

It also explained why my 210 floated like my dad's car.

Do I need to pull these things out and turn a knob or something? Like Koni "yellows"?

only thing i found under the hood was on the hood itself and it specifically said A15? aren't the 5 speeds better drivers/ or is it just for fuel economy? and thanks for ur time

"A15" is the engine, the 1.5L. Is there no plaque on the firewall? Maybe it's covered by dirt or grease (or greasy dirt)

If you find the thing on the firewall, it should have the transmission code right below the "A15" part.

I think the 5-speed has closer gear ratios than the 4-speed, so the engine should lose less revs when you shift up.

I think it also has an overdrive, which means you have less RPM at highway speed, and it saves you gas.

The manual transmissions are both faster and more economical than the 3-speed automatic.

Your 5-speed is probably the same as mine, where 1st and 2nd gear are really close, but it still drops a lot of revs shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

...freakin' kills me on an autocross course. :rolleyes:

I miss autocrossing my Datsun. Being stuck in Asscrackistan sucks sometimes.

It's adjustable? How?

When they were installed on my car the mechanic said they were "self-adjusting", which sounded like a gimmick.

It also explained why my 210 floated like my dad's car.

Do I need to pull these things out and turn a knob or something? Like Koni "yellows"?

The ones I have seen have an adjust knob on top of the shock rod!

• Like 1

"A15" is the engine, the 1.5L. Is there no plaque on the firewall? Maybe it's covered by dirt or grease (or greasy dirt)

If you find the thing on the firewall, it should have the transmission code right below the "A15" part.

I think the 5-speed has closer gear ratios than the 4-speed, so the engine should lose less revs when you shift up.

I think it also has an overdrive, which means you have less RPM at highway speed, and it saves you gas.

The manual transmissions are both faster and more economical than the 3-speed automatic.

Your 5-speed is probably the same as mine, where 1st and 2nd gear are really close, but it still drops a lot of revs shifting from 2nd to 3rd.

...freakin' kills me on an autocross course. :rolleyes:

I miss autocrossing my Datsun. Being stuck in Asscrackistan sucks sometimes.

oh on this car on the underside of the hood itself where it gives oild type and suck and tells how it conforms ot emmissons of 1981 it had a15 all by itself on that tag i thought that was a indication of being an a15 engine in the car car even came with a/c aint that sumtin

sucks about laggy third gear vroom vroooom put put put :angry:

http//i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad165/frodo70444/datsunproject.jpg

you left the "http://" shit in.... the first thing on posting oics is

i tried to copy and paste the pic in with the but it didnt work

i dont know wat to do about pictures oh and just to be off topic can i cut the cat off the datsun when i get it and run straight exhaust in a small diameter? :cool:

The ways to tell for SURE what the engine is: Look on the engine!

18238.jpg

16699.jpg

no fair yal can post my pictures and i cant im almost 100% sure the engine is factory but is the a15 anything special?once i get to drive it was can i exspect? will i be able to pass a bicycle? and wat about cat delete and straight pipes?