JNC Magazine

ggzilla

Japanese Nostalgic Car magazine number 4 is a great issue. It features:

* Honda S600 - rear wheel drive and 9,000 RPM redline - back when Honda made brilliant cars

* AE86 - I know some of you guys use this as a Datsun parts donor (e.g. Little Jason)

* Nissan Skyline C210

* Toyoda 2000GT vs Toyoda LFA

* Fuji Speedway Time Machine Festival

* Yokohama Nostalgic2Days

* Mooneyes Street festival

* JCCS recap

* Project Bluebird

and some other stuff

_Image0005.JPG

Ratsun's Own silviaspecr wins an award:

_Image0002a.JPG

Datsun 240Z followed by Datsun 1200

_Image0004.JPG

Fisch art. See: way to go fisch:

_Image0008a.JPG

Datsun 1200 pickup at Mooneyes

_Image0009.JPG

Datsun Roadster at Fuji Speedway - I'd rather push a Datsun Roadster than...

_Image0008b.JPG

And finally, a Datsun 1200 from The Cape

_Image0001.JPG

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have JNC translated into what language? My fav is AutoWorks but it's in Japanese.

Pics are good though

18516.jpg

I mainly have been having g works translated for me for some segments on tuning and such but takes time as my friend helps me or his wife. mainly have been having them help me when i am in japan to visit

Is it possible to subscribe to G-works from the US?

as of now don't think so but I am looking into it but I think you would for now have to go to a japanese bookstore like Kinokuniya and buy it or have someone get it for you. I have been buying mine in japan or my local bookstore but the bookstores stateside charge like double for it to cover yen rate changes. when I go to japan I sometimes order back issues of other magazines as one of the warehouses is near my friends place and a bike courier drops it off to us. if you want me to get you issues I can

The best US-Based Classic Japanese Car rag out there! ;)

This issue was the best one yet! I know most of you are super excited about what's in this issue, but: Do these guys a favor and buy the magazine and/or get a subscription. Posting content could hurt their sales! These guys work very hard to put this magazine together. Help 'em out! Don't post content! Buy a subscription!

My $0.02

SOrry, but I thought it was their worst issue. The whole ae86 article was a waste of space and time. usually datsun stuff. I could give a fuck about the lfa or whatever that pos crapper car is, why would you even compare it? There is a reason im reading a nostalgic car magazine, it's because I freaken hate new ugly ass cars. They really need tos tart featuring more of the rare cars made, instead of the same old 510 z car, mazda whatever.

Frankly the honda hatch article I thought was great in on of their earlier issues. I dont wanna read about the most common old cars around. If you can read japanese, gog et a issue of Nostalgic Hero, Now there is a real nostalgic magazine.

Is it possible to subscribe to G-works from the US?

check out that thread on JNC. apparently a lot of people are subscribed through him to g-works magazine in the states. i have yet to subscribe because i'm poor. haha.

http://japanesenosta...opic.php?t=4728

SOrry, but I thought it was their worst issue. The whole ae86 article was a waste of space and time. usually datsun stuff. I could give a fuck about the lfa or whatever that pos crapper car is, why would you even compare it? There is a reason im reading a nostalgic car magazine, it's because I freaken hate new ugly ass cars. They really need tos tart featuring more of the rare cars made, instead of the same old 510 z car, mazda whatever.

Frankly the honda hatch article I thought was great in on of their earlier issues. I dont wanna read about the most common old cars around. if you can read japanese gog et a issue of Nostalgic Hero, Now there is a real nostalgic magazine.

that's where the majority of us are stuck. most of us can't read japanese and unfortunately for us, JNC is our only choice at actually understanding an article.

i agree with you that it would be nice to read about other rarer cars, but JNC is on their 4th issue and are still trying to build up their reader base. you think somebody who isn't already in the old school JDM scene is gonna pick up a magazine with a crown wagon or some car the general public doesn't recognize on the cover? i'm willing to bet that a lot of sales, outside of those who are already subscribed, are from non-enthusiasts walking through some magazine shop and buying the magazine just because they used to own or knew someone who used to own a 240z/510/etc.

the LFA and ae86 articles (imo), are to remind the enthusiasts of new cars of the heritage and hopefully entice them into picking up a nostalgic, or at least subscribe to the magazine (it is a business after all).

i have no affiliation with JNC... i'm just a man who loves these old rust buckets and support JNC 100% for doing something that no one else bothered to do. instead of blindly bashing them, why not email them with suggestions or start your own magazine/blog/forum/etc dedicated to the rarer vintage JDM's. if you did and if it's well written with good pictures i'm sure you would do well and i'd support you 100% as well.