No bass?

All, I think he is looking for a quick, basic solution to get some better/louder tunes.

The suggestions about fixing the holes in the kick panels (sealing them) will help, but the position of the speakers will still leave you with pretty poor sound.

If you are looking for a low labor, higher loudness and pretty inexpensive solution, try something like this behind the seats:

8 Inch Truck Speaker box, $57 shipped

A simple box like this will sound way better than what you have. Even if you hook this box upto your stock head unit, it will sound way better & louder than way you currently have.

You may even want to check out your local walmart or swap meet. You can find the full spectrum boxes (with 8 inch woofer and tweeter) for as little as 30 bucks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All, I think he is looking for a quick, basic solution to get some better/louder tunes.

The suggestions about fixing the holes in the kick panels (sealing them) will help, but the position of the speakers will still leave you with pretty poor sound.

If you are looking for a low labor, higher loudness and pretty inexpensive solution, try something like this behind the seats:

8 Inch Truck Speaker box, $57 shipped

A simple box like this will sound way better than what you have. Even if you hook this box upto your stock head unit, it will sound way better & louder than way you currently have.

You may even want to check out your local walmart or swap meet. You can find the full spectrum boxes (with 8 inch woofer and tweeter) for as little as 30 bucks.

Better? Those things are an insult to sound quality, especially sound stage. If ghetto blaster is your goal, then go for it.

Better? Those things are an insult to sound quality, especially sound stage. If ghetto blaster is your goal, then go for it.

Yeah, It is better than a set of 5.25 open baffle speakers in the kick panels.

Look, folks have this guy getting ready to dynomat the cab of his truck, but I don't think that is his end state goal.

He seems to be looking to get some more sound and bass, and an inexpensive pre-built box will give that to him. Low cost, low effort & if he buys the box at Walmart he can return it if he thinks the sound isn't good enough.

On the other hand if the goal is a really sweet, built system, he can go for the separates in the doors, a nice JL enclosure behind he seats, and a nice amplifier or two.

• Like 1

One other thing about sticking these in a box behind you, you will lose high end. Tweeters(center silver part of your speaker) work best when pointed directly at the listener. I have a set of Infinity speakers that are coaxial, but the tweeter is on a pivot (my speakers were free :cool: )

I would say get some mdf. Make a mount to angle the speaker towards you and seal the panels below.

Whoa, back the train up here. Bass are NOT a bottom fish. They eat other fish. They taste great, are you kidding me? Yes they live/hunt in shallow water, but c'mon, they're not a carp! That's a sucker bottom fish. And it depends on what kind of bottom. Halibut is a bottom fish, as shown here way back when I was a kid:

halibut.jpg

halibut2.jpg

Pardon me for the threadjack!

So I make a joke about bass and someone gives me neg points. Someone needs to loosen up jesus christ!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...