Chopped windshield questions

Steroid

Ok, a few of You have, or have had, chopped trucks. What do I do to have functional windshield wipers on Choptana? Do I cut the post, add shorter blades or just carry around a window squeege (like the gas stations have)around with Me??? I have removed My wipers on most trucks that I have built (Funtana included) and placed a little chromed plastic valve stim cover over the splined posts. Then, We always carried a blade and wrench to quickly install during a storm. But what about a chopped truck??

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike...I think I would personally try the chopped down wiper trick..that would be trial and error I guess...if all else fails, Rainx does a great job...unless it is really pouring....(Not too much chance of that around us huh?)...other than that...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I am outta ideas too.

Check a marine shop (boats) and see if they have anything that will fit, The first chopped top I owned if i am not miststaken he got the wiper at a Marine shop . Alot of boats have small windows, and if that doesnt work, they as Old Yeller says, just try to cut one down. I have i easy on my chop top the window is just leaned back so it has the same size window. Ipersonally prefer the section way but, waht can you do when you buy it down already...Hope the suggestion helps and good luck..

Are you putting a glass sunroof in or a cloth sliding rag top style??

I just thought of another wiper possibilty, the old school Austin Coopers (Minis) have small wiper arms, and so do alot of the older euro sports cars...Do you have a european Junkyard in the area? Just another idea..

Hi Mark, Personally, I plan never to run any wipers on My show trucks. I haven't in years, but as minitruckin usually goes, it won't be long before I'm "redlighted" and if I at least don't have one under My seat with a wrench also, then it is probibly at least one thing (out of many more) that I could be written up for. Like when I lived in California.......... I always had My front license plate under the seat. And with My 1956 Ford panel (which had bluedots in the rear taillight lenses) I had a second set and a screwdriver in the glovebox. And sure enough, I got pulled over one night for that. I showed Him the extra set and He let Me go. Anyway, I've got a few sets too and I'll look at that later. No rush. Also remember how I showed You how Choptana's exhaust was welded up. If I get busted for that I can just add another tailpipe/muffler combo. Later!!

HMMMmmmmmmmmmm, That would be cool. Do the blade holders look similar to 620 holders? Wonder where I would find those if they were. I didn't think soon enough or I could've compared a set at JCCS. Maybe there are some closeup photos here somewhere. When Mark and I were at the JY last year in SD, I bought a Fiat rear luggage rack for My bed cover on My custom trailer. There were a bunch of sportscars in that yard. Maybe something off of one of them might work.

That what I was trying to get across when I said the Minis. Basically OLder euro cars....

I just thought of another wiper possibilty, the old school Austin Coopers (Minis) have small wiper arms, and so do alot of the older euro sports cars...Do you have a european Junkyard in the area? Just another idea..