JY report

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

South Hill Auto Wrecking has a white 73 620 w/L16, weber 32/36 carb ($50) mallory coil, fairly complete still, but the body is hammered. Good doors, that's about it. Had some cool old VDO guages and the Datsun OHC valve cover. You guys may want to check it out if you need some parts. There was also a 720 with an L20b and weber there too. They're cool guys over there too with fair prices. wish I would've known about the webers there before I spent 300 on a new kit.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DatsuNoob

I dont know, figure $50 for the carb, maybe another $20 for the intake, whatever shipping costs, and maybe $20 for pulling it and getting it packed up and shipped out. Of course that's just an estimate of what they might charge for the intake. Keep in mind that carb is just basically a rebuilable core. You'd have to go get the whole rebuild kit, and I'm not sure what those go for, so things start adding up quick.

That sure seems a good price for a 32/36. Is there an air cleaner with it? Also, if you get it for anyone, be sure to get the manifold adapter. I watched someone put a Weber on a 1600 just a few months ago, but I'm hazy on the details. I think the adapter bolts to the manifold, then the carb bolts to the adapter. So when you pull the carb, the adapter stays with the manifold, and must be removed as a separate piece. Chances are the JY would include the adapter with the carb, although I would expect them to charge extra for an air cleaner. Also, does the Weber look to be the automatic choke version?

Len

Guest DatsuNoob

Screw it Cruzn, I'll just pull it for you, if you want it, I'll just ship it to you cost of parts plus shipping. I'd say right around $100 total which isn't a bad deal for a complete carburetion setup. I think I need to go back there and get the lower alty bracket off a 720 to install my 60 amp alty anyway. I remember one of them had an air filter, but neither had the clips and air cleaner top. I remember too cause it was one of those oval types(the one with the filter). Both carbs were elec choke with adapter plates.

datsun noob

I would just buy all that stuff.

tell the guy a package deal

weber ,coil, esp the VDO gauges and the adapter for them that go in the block(most are the WRONG ones,you need 1/8BSP) maybe the exhaust manifold also as its a L16 type and cut below the y pipe

I know your working at the Big B now and working OT

Buy it.

If it has a Mallory coil does it have electronic ignition then grab the distributor also

Guest DatsuNoob
datsun noob

I would just buy all that stuff.

tell the guy a package deal

weber ,coil, esp the VDO gauges and the adapter for them that go in the block(most are the WRONG ones,you need 1/8BSP) maybe the exhaust manifold also as its a L16 type and cut below the y pipe

I know your working at the Big B now and working OT

Buy it.

If it has a Mallory coil does it have electronic ignition then grab the distributor also

Yeah was thinking about having all that stuff on hand, and just keeping it stowed away, but I'm actually not quite at the big B yet. Bastards didn't wanna hire me until after the holidays(probably so they wouldn't have to dish out holiday bennies). I go in for orientation on the 11th (same day as I get my Hella 500's from ebay, stoked) and my first day is the 14th. Things are kinda tight right now, just been doing side jobs to get by lately. But all that shit's there, and probably wont go anywhere for atleast a month.

Guest DatsuNoob

I'd like to be able to wire my high and low beams to come on together when I pull the knob, and have the driving lights come on as the high beam function. Would that be hard to do?

Guest DatsuNoob

No, no, I dont want to run highs on all the time. What I'm saying is there a way to have all four headlights come on as low beams? Then to have the driving lights wired as high beams.

The center 2 bulbs are ONLY High beams. Only the outer 2 bulbs have both high/low circuits- in fact, the outer beams go dimmer in High Beam mode. The main difference it how they're aimed.

If you have all 4 on, cops will pull you over, irregardless of if you call them "driving lights".

Rather then make a new thread, I'll add to this one :P, lol.

'71 pl521 at sideline auto wreckers in Aberdeen, WA. Mostly picked now. White, nearly rust free cab. I bought the windshield and bench seat, grille and hood is gone, bed is decent aside from a good sized dent on the driver's side. I am going out there tomorrow evening, so let me know if you need anything and I will check to see if they have it still. I think the fenders are still good too.

I'd buy the whole thing, but I already brought home two and a third would make me single again :(.

Guest DatsuNoob

Was down at Pull-a-Part today, there's a 78 orange 620 KC "deluxe" on Row A. 5 speed trans, smogged out L20b, disc brakes, elec dist. Looks like it was painted to cover all the rust. It had a hammered front bumper, but the vertical bumper push bars were in decent shape for those of you who like those. There's also an 80's Z in really good shape too.

Guest DatsuNoob

go toward end of 167 to 512 Parkland. Take hwy 515 to the Steele St exit, make a left on Steele, and a right on 112th. It's located next to Rollie's Tavern, there's a small banner sign you have to look for if you've never been there before that says Pull a part or something, turn left down a narrow little drive and you're there. I've seen a few 620's down there in the past, if you cant get a straight fender, you can always get one of those hard to find unripped shift boots :D