what to do about these wheels

ok so i bought some wheels from the junk yard off a g20 they have a +40mm off set so i am going to need to buy spacers to run them i can not decide weather or not they look good enuff to go through the trouble of getting the spacers or just sell them.

what do you guys think?

q#2

so if i run a 40mm offset wheel what spacer do i get. am i right in thinking it will need a 25 mm spacer

here are the wheels that are on it now

DSCN1758.jpg

DSCN1756.jpg

and now the new ones

DSCN1744.jpg

DSCN1740.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to use a spacer you would need at leat 25MM. Check the clearance on the back side just to make sure it will clear your strut housing. I do stock wheel adapters. 35MM with a hole pattern of 4X114.5 to fit datsun. to 4X100 wheel.

I love mesh wheels on classic imports, but the new set is actually really nice... I say you keep both sets, and just switch it up when you get bored. Only suggestion I have is that you polish the rim of the Infinity wheels and paint the spokes... I think a dark grey or black would look really slick, especially with a polished lip.

the Infinity wheels 'look' like they fit as they are. Do they rub in back or hit anything?

they do rub on my coil overs. in the pic i have 3 6mm el cheepO spacers i had laying around stacked up behind them and they still rub:(

If your going to use a spacer you would need at leat 25MM. Check the clearance on the back side just to make sure it will clear your strut housing. I do stock wheel adapters. 35MM with a hole pattern of 4X114.5 to fit datsun. to 4X100 wheel.

so you make adapters

hey ddime i have some 25mm spacers you could try. to confirm the size? let me know?

i will my buddy has some 40mm i am going to try and see what happens

I love mesh wheels on classic imports, but the new set is actually really nice... I say you keep both sets, and just switch it up when you get bored. Only suggestion I have is that you polish the rim of the Infinity wheels and paint the spokes... I think a dark grey or black would look really slick, especially with a polished lip.

the lip is polished it was just shitty lighting in my garage. the spokes are primer light greenish gray in the pic i am going to paint them a dark iridescent gun metal gray color

I also love the mesh but i have had these same wheels on my last couple five tens over the last 6-7 years

i agree that the mesh looks great, but like pope said, keep em both, change em up when you feel like it. i think with a smooth center cap on there they will look good with the color you said and the polished lip. also you could paint them basically whatever color you wanted to and they'd be cool. i used to not be a fan of wheels that were colored other than silver or some shade of black, but i've seen some colored wheels recently that looked pretty damn good. and i just reread an old article about freshining up a valve cover and they suggested using montana brand spray paint. i had never heard of them, but according to their site it's like the best possible quality paint you can get in a spray can, from what i can tell anyway, lil bit more expensive, but apparently you get what you pay for... website for the paint is http://www.mtncolors.com

in a nutshell: like both sets of wheels, clean up the new wheels and do whatever you want with them :D

I gotta agree that at my first look they look loke GEO od KIA wheels, but you have a plan to polish the lip and gunmetal the centers. Assuming that you have the center caps also. I really like gunmetal colored wheels and understand the want for something new from the last few cars you had the mesh wheels on. However, do not get rid of the mesh. Betting that you have grown to like them and will regret selling them. So go for the new ones.

Jason

I gotta agree that at my first look they look loke GEO od KIA wheels, but you have a plan to polish the lip and gunmetal the centers. Assuming that you have the center caps also. I really like gunmetal colored wheels and understand the want for something new from the last few cars you had the mesh wheels on. However, do not get rid of the mesh. Betting that you have grown to like them and will regret selling them. So go for the new ones.

Jason

yah i will not sell the black mesh wheels i have had them for to long. plus all the ones i have seen like them are always 13's. i just wish they where 15 in stead of 14's