Very cool vintage camera

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

huh. I didnt think these were cool or worth anything... I have a kodak 620.....

:cool:

kod-brown-jun620-2_img.jpg

I picked it up because its a 620 model!! how cool is that!!!! :cool:

is it worth anything? :blink:

edit...well i just looked it up.. mine was made between 1934 and 1942 they are selling on ebay between $9.99 and $19.99 .. guess im not going to be a millionaire after all <_< ... but it does say 620 on it! :)

620 is the film type that it uses, one of the dinosaur types like 828,127, and 116 that are impossible to find locally, but available here. Processing might be hard to come by also as it will have to be hand developed or run on a dip and dunk processor, and the prints will have to be made on a 5S or 8S printer with the correct masks. Most everyone scrapped that stuff back in the 90's when 135 took over everything and before digital practically killed the photofinishing industry.

Old cameras are way cool though, the workmanship that went into some of them was extraordinary.

• 4 weeks later...

Dragging this one up from the dead. That is in fact a leica IIIc as it is post war. It is a rangefinder, so you will need to focus through one window and compose through the other. I have plenty of old cameras. Hell, my main shooter is a Nikon N90s. I do not have any leicas, but have focused instead on Russian copies of the leicas. The glass is just as good and the cameras themselves are about a tenth of the cost. Quality is hit or miss. The earlier cameras are usually better than the newer ones. My favorite shooters from the Russians are...

My Kiev 2, which is a direct copy of the pre-war Contaxt. This camera is from 1949 and contains some actual contax parts. The lens is a ZK lens, which is actually a Carl Ziess Jenna lens with Russian markings

kiev1.jpg

She shoots beautiful pics with no work from me.

BuickGrill2small.jpg

Max2.1.jpg

This is one of the reporters I work with at a Hillary Clinton rally during the campaign of 2008

gan1.jpg

Low light stuff during christmas a few years ago at a local coffee/chocolate shop

coco.jpg

My 1958 Zorki 4 with a direct copy of the Sonnar 50mm lens.

Z4front.jpg

Shoots very nicely when used right

firefighters4.1.jpg

My Zorki 3 which is basically a copy of your leica IIIc.

Zorki3.jpg

Some stuff I shot the day I received it. There were a lot of light leaks that needed fixing. It shoots much better now.

Stroud5.jpg

Hopefully, in the time that has passed since you first posted this, you have not sold the camera. Pick up some Kodak BCN 400 and have some fun. Get a couple of rolls as you will need at least one to get used to the shooting style these old rangefinders demand.