name that part - off a 320 truck

burrito213

hello all...im looking at getting a new one of these but i dont know what it's called....

so welcome to the game show "name that part" where all winners get the self gratification of knowing they helped me out.. :P

all kidding aside, any help in figuring this contraption out would be gratefully appreciated.

CIMG0012.jpg

i called it a brake sensor but googling it showed up nothing

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

even though its a brake pressure switch it looks to me the same threads as the oil pressure switch as an l20b which has the same threads as many older chevy switches, take it to your local parts house tell you need one of "these" dont tell them what its for, they will find you one!

burrito....I would actually suggest that you get a switch for the pedal. You can make a simple flat steel bracket out of scrap and pull the switch from a 620/720....I think the later 521's had them too. There's a big time delay between applying your brakes and having the lights light up when using a pressure switch.

On my NL, I extended those wires into the cab(taped them into the harness when cleaning things up) and mounted the switch. You can tap the brake pedal without even applying the brakes and have your lights come on.

That location is a good spot to put an adjustable proportioning vavle :)

burrito....I would actually suggest that you get a switch for the pedal. You can make a simple flat steel bracket out of scrap and pull the switch from a 620/720....I think the later 521's had them too. There's a big time delay between applying your brakes and having the lights light up when using a pressure switch.

On my NL, I extended those wires into the cab(taped them into the harness when cleaning things up) and mounted the switch. You can tap the brake pedal without even applying the brakes and have your lights come on.

That location is a good spot to put an adjustable proportioning vavle :)

Great advice Mike.

Burrito PM me you address & I will mail you the pedal type switch for free. I will include pictures of how it mounts on the original pedal assembly so you have the idea of how to mount it on yours.

Burrito aren't these little trucks fun to work on!!! Just think of all the things you have learned since you bought it, very educational. Welcome to Datsun 101! :D

If you move the switch to the pedal, that gets the wiring off the firewall. If you look under your seat(d-side), you'll find a hole in the floor. There is also a union in the rear brake line right around there too. I was able to mount my proportioning valve in that hole. Did through my photobucket or NL thread if you have time. You could run the rear line down from the new m/c....cleaning up the firewall even more :)

Burrito aren't these little trucks fun to work on!!! Just think of all the things you have learned since you bought it, very educational. Welcome to Datsun 101! :D

you are so right.... i realized that a lot of my troubleshooting for this vehicle and others are getting easier. i have my challenges but ultimately its nothing that was never solved with patience and persistance.

Charlie69 - thanks a bunch and i will.

i have some more stuff i was looking at on my truck that i am not to clear on...but thats why they invented the camera and photobucket and ratsun... i will take pictures after work and try to post asap.