crossbred 1981 210

*Updates*

Got the car running, installed clutch and cleaned carburetor

Car kept stalling and and popping, low on power- cleaned out the fuel pump and car runs near perfect

1991 Talon seats installed

280zx Iron cross wheels installed with 185/65R14 tires (needs very slight clearancing at bottom front of the wheel-well on stock suspension(about to be long gone))

Acquired an H190 center chunk with 3.88 R&P in need of full rebuild and a used "Precision Gear" LSD diff that will be rebuilt whether it needs it or not. Need to go pick up the H190 200sx housing and start rebuilding it.

5/2/2011 Acquired an A87 head with built valvetrain.

Also a roadster rear end chunk with Nissan comp gearset.

6/30/2011 Swapped in the S110 200sx H190 rear end housing.

*Original post*So I'm picking up this B310 on Sunday... I don't think i have ever seen a coupe(not hatch) 2 door B310 anywhere...

looks straight.

3n33m33o15Y25O55X6a82bd03b465389c1d03.jpg

3m33pf3o05Q25T65S0a82523aef745c9a194e.jpg

3kb3o33pb5T05R55S1a8225d63297378412a3.jpg

It has 148k miles on it and was under restoration, newer interior etc...

plans for now are to get it reliable(needs a clutch) and drive it to get to know the car.

A funny thought crossed my mind, to make it look like the Tomica R30 race car, as the rooflines are somewhat similar. lol

Anyway, any ideas as to upgrades?

I have some maxima/280zx struts with the cartridges and rotors but no brake calipers.

I also have some very comfortable like new condition Talon seats(better than the eclipse ones,as they have adjustable lumbar support) that I had in my 260z back in the day...

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice 2-dr Sedan there! They have decent brakes, bigger than the B210 ones.

use the time and money on wheels, or an engine swap. The 81 only has 65 HP max. L20B is a factory bolt in if you find the right parst.

I have some 15X8 steel racing wheels and some 14x6.5 American racing star aluminum wheels that fit a Datsun 4 lug pattern

engine should be good to go until something blows up, or I have a drivetrain ready for the car.

I'm used to underpowered cars that handle well, so suspension first!

Like this battle flag but only in yellow?

6186.jpg

lol ya but the japanese battle flag... the rising sun that everyone is doing.

Check this thread for my other project...... that may make it into this car if nothing else small and light and cheap pops up

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/21003-new-guy-here-new-little-engine/

Dragged the car home today:

DSCF9670.JPG

DSCF9671.JPG

4 link!!!!

DSCF9672.JPG

DSCF9673.JPG

First datsun I have seen with NO RUST THROUGH on the underside of the car or bashed up underframe bits!!!!

thoughts: use my 240z style coilover struts with my like new solid rotor brakes and big toyota 4 piston calipers, and build longer lower control arms to make up for lost camber(the 2 degree difference between the types of struts), kicking out the wheels a bit... extend the strut tubes and use 240z rear struts for more front ground clearance.... tie rod ends???

Or use my 280zx/maxima struts, but needs calipers and probably new strut inserts...

Projects for now:

1: Get it running. Carb needs cleaning out or fuel pump might be bad. Runs awesome off of fuel poured down carburetor....

2. New clutch is needed. Half a day with a new clutch kit unless flywheel is worn.

3. Door hinge on drivers side is worn, need to look at my spare 84 Maxima hinges for possible similar part...if not, replace door hinge stud with a bolt.

4. CLEAN the body, carpet, engine bay, etc... Its quite dirty.

that'd make a nice paint scheme.

240Z has the wrong spindle angle, it will give it positive camber. Guys use the 280ZX, which is same angle as the 210 -- and give it vented disks.

I have 240z and 280zx front struts, but the 240z struts have bigger brakes and the 280zx struts have no brakes at all. Just add a bit of lower control arm length and that should compensate for the 2 degrees difference...

The 310 sitting out behind the race shop:

2010-09-08%2017.53.36.jpg

dash has issues....

2010-09-08%2017.53.11.jpg

Started stripping the tar off of the floor with a chisel and hammer... got the driver's side.

2010-09-08%2017.53.01.jpg

2010-09-08%2017.52.52.jpg

test spot on the roof cleaned up nicely with a flat can of coca cola and a rag:

2010-09-08%2015.56.06.jpg

If anybody wants a good condition 210 interior minus carpets then I'm selling mine cheap. $100 will get the seats and all interior panels/ headliner with matching seatbelts, etc... (except the kick panel part at the bottom of the door, those were broken up.)

I might be interested in the interior. I have a 77 hatch, so maybe just the seats would work for me. I know the headliner wouldn't! Anyway i was thinking about thise seats before i even read the last post.

I'll be at the shop most of the day tomorrow. Message me if you are able to come get the stuff.

the clutch came in:

2010-09-09%2019.52.39.jpg

Holy crap thats small. LOL

going to need to make some brackets to mount the seats to the floor but its a nice fit:

2010-09-09%2010.35.01.jpg

They are Talon seats I got for $20 each at the junkyard. I like the lumbar support in the drivers seat.

Tomorrow is busy in the race shop so I won't be able to work on the 210 any...

• 2 weeks later...

Changed the clutch in about 2.5 hours tonight. That transmission weighs about 45 pounds. LOL

Sprayed carb cleaner in the carb and it fired up and ran. Woohoo!

Clutch slave needs adjusting but its good so far. Also the radiator fan isn't working. LOL

Not many broken/wrecked race cars this week. Just have to reassemble a quick change rear end tomorrow and get it back in the late model to get ready for practice this week.