crossbred 1981 210

Unless his control arms point down (ball joint end lower than inside pick-up point, which seems unlikely at this ride height) then his camber will go more positive under compression.

That, and he was talking about problems driving straight at freeway speeds. ;)

LOL... I did flip the Balljoint onto the other side of the control arm for better camber gain.....

its all getting done right this time... patience. LOL

I swapped the struts out to get the car running and wasn't too concerned about geometry at the time.

At the time 35mpg>19mpg and at 600++ miles a week that was a BIG difference especially with $0 of income(at the time) LOL

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, camber goes more positive during compression. So to counteract that, start with more negative like the car in the photo.

I think you have that backwards.. LOL

top edge out is positive, top edge tucking in is negative.

Let me tell ya.... the toyota solid rotor brakes are well enough to throw you way into the windshield of a 210!

• 1 month later...

I missed the part about "front" ... yes, the front looks stock camber.

Why does the back have negative camber? Must be some kind of crossbred 210.

Front camber is NOT stock. It is like 2 degrees in the POSITIVE(bad LOL) but I HAD to get new brakes and my S30 stuff was brand new and I wasn't about to spend the cash on tiny 210 brakes.

Its S30 Z car struts with 510 ball joints(different taper size, but same bolt pattern as the stock 210 LCA.) and with some unknown short spindle steering arm that is wicked quick on the steering.

Front camber is NOT stock. It is like 2 degrees in the POSITIVE(bad LOL) but I HAD to get new brakes and my S30 stuff was brand new and I wasn't about to spend the cash on tiny 210 brakes.

I may bail on the S30 suspension idea. Looks like I'd need to lengthen the control arms at least 1 inch per side to get it back to the right camber?

Assuming I have room with the flares to gain 2+ inches of track width, I may still do it. Still curious to see how you're going to fix it. B)

I may bail on the S30 suspension idea. Looks like I'd need to lengthen the control arms at least 1 inch per side to get it back to the right camber?

Assuming I have room with the flares to gain 2+ inches of track width, I may still do it. Still curious to see how you're going to fix it. B)

I'd probably move the strut towers before widening the track.... my (future) wheel tire combo is going to be plenty wide anyways lol.

• 2 years later...

Digging up an old thread, but did this ever get anywhere? Seemed to have a ton of potential.

Yeah, it went to a new owner. I bought the big cam LZ22 that was supposed to go in it and we stuffed it into my 620, then this car went to a new owner who put a Chevy V6 in it or something. 

Doubt OP even remembers he made this thread.