throttle cable bracket

nathan_454

I swapped a non smog intake manifold onto my L20B and it does not have the provisions for the throttle cable bracket that was on the stock l20 manifold. I've got a weber on the way but am not sure how I am going to mount the cable. anyone know something I dont???? thanks guys!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Of course there's another concern- late L20Bs don't use the same kind of throttle cable. The early ones had the threaded, adjustable cable shroud like pictured. Truck L16s and L18s had the same type. But later ones used a clamp setup, there's no threads on the cable shroud.

I had to mickey-mouse something to work. It's really ugly, involved a lot of zip-ties. Eventually got an earlier style throttle cable and made an actual bracket. The better way would be to take the stock bracket, attach it to the cable with the cable on the weber, then build a new bracket to go between the original bracket and whatever you can find to attach it to.

excuse me for hijacking,but I have a similar problem.

I've got a 73 620 with an engine from a 70's 510. There's no bracket for the cable. I have another 73 that was built 5 months earlier and it uses a different cable! Did the factory change things that much?

Thanks

This is the one I need a bracket for.

throttle_kermit.jpg