Need Exhaust Valve for a J13 or J15 motor

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nissanparts.cc provides a lookup of "valid" part numbers. The lookup does not confirm that the part is available via the Nissan Distribution Centers (NDC) or in the warehouse in Japan.

According to Courtesy Nissan, no dealers have the part in stock and the NDC and Japan warehouse does not have the part available.

Keith

I would think that very unlikely. Who ever you talked to was probably too underpaid or couldn't be bothered to find out and blew you off. Call back and keep calling until they see that is will be easier to find it for you. Get his name and ask for the parts manager and complain next week!!! The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Damn that pisses me off!

Yes, it is often both ways.

* The part being in the 2010 catalog doesn't mean you can get it. Nissan has a system where they keep parts listed for a number of years after they are no longer available.

* On the other hand, a determined Nissan parts man can sometimes find one even when Japan says no, and the Distribution center says no. For example it can be sitting on a dealer's shelf somewhere...

I have a great parts manager who took an interest in my old 620. He was able to cross reference some parts and I have some later 720 p/s seal and pilot bushings in my truck. Must have wasted 1/2 hour to spend $8 on parts he found elsewhere. He was great

engine builders should be able to replace them with something suitable

i think mine was $18 (15ish? in your money) when i needed a J15 exhaust valve replaced. the rest of them they could machine and were fine. could try a machine shop see what they could get you?

I should have them (new)

Give me a few days to find it in my garage

Send me PM with your email address

thanks

nissanparts.cc provides a lookup of "valid" part numbers. The lookup does not confirm that the part is available via the Nissan Distribution Centers (NDC) or in the warehouse in Japan.

According to Courtesy Nissan, no dealers have the part in stock and the NDC and Japan warehouse does not have the part available.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.