got a 77 kc

kezark31

my king cab got droped off today! cant wait to see it. got it on trade from a co-worker, suposedly ran, i was like i dont care its a KC! i was informed today its waiting for me when i get home... i'll post pics when i get home could be a peach or a roach!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well it does run! smokes but it runs. washed it....no five speed :( 521 might donate its five speed we will see. got get one of these truck going( 521 needs a motor blown l20b, kc needs registered, and some work to be a dd. my 6 pack chevy is killing me! 45 bucks a week in gas

• 2 weeks later...

well got a little time to play today. did an engine flush to see if it would help the smoking....did not.... did a comp test with good news comped out 150 across. im thinkin the valve guide seals are toast. going to pull the plugs and feed some rope in the plug hole and turn the motor over by hand to hold the vales up wile a change the seals, we will see how it goes. if anyone has any tips let me know. ita w58 head if it makes a diff.

A puff of smoke on start up would be seals for sure. To smoke when running the seals must be really bad. The oil rings could just be plugged with carbon and running a few oil and filter changes may loosen them up... 150 across is pretty good.

thats the think there is no smoke till it warms up a little bit. cold start no smoke, i can shut it off come back 15 min fire it off and no smoke then it runs fir 5 to 10 min and the smoke is back. im going to drop some atf in the cylinders today and let it sit see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Check oil level for over filled.

You say Black smoke??? If so check the choke is fully open when warmed up.

Looks blue or white smoke. Do a compression test when motor warm. Look at plugs. Oily black or dry sooty black?????

That much smoke is just wrong.

Check oil level for over filled.

You say Black smoke??? If so check the choke is fully open when warmed up.

Looks blue or white smoke. Do a compression test when motor warm. Look at plugs. Oily black or dry sooty black?????

That much smoke is just wrong.

plugs are sootie, warm comp is 150psi across