got it!

sdsurf

Well I paid for a '71 today. Good shape, no rust, interior good and it hasn't been on the road since '92! It is set up for a zx 5 speed but no motor. The guy I got it from is a datsun freak. He had a Z22 with a closed chambered L head (W87?). Is this a good shot? I will post pics when it is home. All elec is good, just need an engine.

Mike

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always down for a meet up.

sdsurf, i love this truck. i am just working on getting the small stuff fixed right now. what are you plans for your 521? just a good hint, keep in touch with marvin. he has TONS of stuff that he has been just giving me for it that i want. plus he lives at the junk yard and will find you whatever you want. i just got a brand new (not installed) clutch for my 521 for free yesterday. and a 5$ performance cam, which he installed(yes its not that hard to install but the fact remains) marvin is VERY cool and easy going. we almost got that 510 up and running yesterday with the Z24.

• 8 months later...

ok some of you may know and some of you may not know but since I bought this truck I also bought a green '72 that was going to be my project. The greenie turned out to be a bit of a basket case so I went back to this one and am going to use the green for parts/$$. well today I finally got an engine in it! With the help of Hainz (video) and pac I have come along to this point. In the coming days we will see if will fire up. Needless to say I will get pics and I am stoked. BTW Dropping an engine and tranny is a pain for one guy. Next time I get help!!!

Pics to come...

I am always down for a meet up.

I'm in if I don't have to work on a Saturday the GTG is planned.

I'm hoping to have this 74 on the road and roadworthy soon.

1974DatsunProject005.jpg

I pick up an engine and a good used transmission tomorrow. Driving from Apple Valley to Los Angeles for the tranny before work tomorrow and then taking lunch around 3:00pm to drive from Irvine to Huntington Beach to pick up the motor.

Pressure wash everything, paint everything, replace the belts, hoses, filters, etc. and maybe Sunday start the install process.

Next buff out the car inside and out, see if I can bolt in the 3rd row seat out of a a 1986 Suburban.

Ugh... tons of work to do... Yeah... it will be a couple more weekends... but I'm going to try just the same to have it running before the sun goes down on Sunday.

:)