does anyone know

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you put a new water pump already on your truck.

fanclutch assembly is on the new water pump for that model year if they came from factory. unless your using a 510 type water pump.(nothing wrong with them). The fan clutch if thruck is hot is going to act like a stock type anyways going all the time.

If your truck is overheating with the stock 510 non clutch the newer fanclutch type is not going to help.

Rock auto .com has these parts and photos. But remeber there where 2 types. They have different fan mount sizes. I think the car ones then the truck. so you go know where your motor cam e from.

otherwise dont waist your time and money swapping this out as the fan pulley might not line up either.

run it with out a thermostat and see what it does!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah hainz i did put on a water pump but it was used from my uncles truck so i ordered a new one and i also ordered a 160 thermo as well i am currently running a electric fan the kid ziptied it throught the radiator fins so its directly on the radiator fins i also found the shroud behind the seat so i have that i just wanted to get a stock ffan clutch to go back to stock i dont really care for the upgrades he put on some things i just want it to run and not overheat i finally got it to idle corretly carb is tuned in runs like a champ but overheats so the waterpump i ordered doesnt have the clutch on it for the year but there is a waterpump with a cluth for a 77 but the one i ordered is already on its way from autozones website i dont have the stock fan blade either man i love fixing other peoples mistakes

no its not losing water at all when the temp gets to about 180 it overheats so im guessing its the thermo 1 is on its way i believe the one in it is a 180 so i ordered a 160 ill try the new water pump and thermo when it gets here in a couple days and see what happens at least ill know they are new then ill message you thanks for the help

Air is naturally going to want to flow into the engine from the outside. A fan blowing against this is just plain clown shoes. Frigging previous owners. Without a sensor to turn off the fan when not needed, which is about 99.5% of the time, he might as well left it stock .

yeah thats what i thought so when my theromostat and water pump get here im gonna put the electric fan on the other side then hopefully shes on the road i really appreciate it im pretty sure that was my problem the whole time at least ill know the thermo and waterpump will be new the fan was blowing the engine hot air right back into the engine bay so it had no way to cool down

chris

Since it cool today try drivin the truck at a constance spped say over 40mph and a long stretch and see if motor over heats with a removed eleltric fan. if it seems better than with the fan installed correctly it probaply will get better.

as for the 160 deg stat you can get them anywhere and no need ot order just look at the shelve and it will be a 54mm in size. There are pretty generic.

Ps even my sytems on 90 deg days get stress in traffic.

Maybe cause it a 160 as the stat opens sooner and the water in tha rad dont stay in the rad long enought to cool it down as in my case.