Introduction of myself

Hello, my name is Ryan I live in Regina Sk. I am new to datsuns but have been into Nissans for a decent amount of time. I would say that I am mostly a S chassis guy but I am looking to expand.Through fate and good will I have acquired a 1978 B210 that I must get running.

As far as I go, I have an education in media production and job that has nothing to do with it. I am pretty big into the local drift scene and help plan and organize events, my friends and I also run a automotive blog by the name of DODOlogic.ca.

Here are some pics of my 180SX (I apologize for all the non- Datsun photos, once I have the b210 running you can expect some photos of that) Hopefully my stay at Ratsun is a long and prosperous one, I look forward to learning as much as I can about Datsuns and such.

ryantag.jpg

5848_238385550012_725385012_8356775_4762879_n.jpg

dsc_0029.jpg

muddrift7.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so that's what the SR20 was in cool.gif

Welcome to Ratsun!

You'll find everyone here loves pics, so don't be afraid to share plenty from any of your cars or adventures ;)

If you'll look at the statuses, you'll notice that this forum is full of shenanigans and stupid fun, but still provides lots of beneficial information. I'm sure you'll love this place, as do I after I got my 210 and joined.

Do you know our formerly coolest memeber from regina?

Radio?

Sure do he supplied me with the dream maker, and by that I mean the b210. It was neat going to pick it up, as he had so many Datsuns sitting around. In fact, I had been unknowingly trying to contact him a few weeks earlier to buy a 510. I am pretty pumped to start working on b210 and hope that something comes from it but as it stands right now I am not going to complain about a free car.

Some of my other car friends came to look at it last night and they were pretty excited about it as well. The car was well received by the Honda guys, the Subaru guys and the mazda/nissan guys. So I think it went off pretty well. They have all agreed to help with it but first priority is getting the car running. Which of course requires the carb. :)

Sure do he supplied me with the dream maker, and by that I mean the b210. It was neat going to pick it up, as he had so many Datsuns sitting around. In fact, I had been unknowingly trying to contact him a few weeks earlier to buy a 510. I am pretty pumped to start working on b210 and hope that something comes from it but as it stands right now I am not going to complain about a free car.

Some of my other car friends came to look at it last night and they were pretty excited about it as well. The car was well received by the Honda guys, the Subaru guys and the mazda/nissan guys. So I think it went off pretty well. They have all agreed to help with it but first priority is getting the car running. Which of course requires the carb. :)

radio didnt give you a carb? hes got like a zillion of them now! haha and i got that 510, be glad you didnt get it... good luck with the b210 and post up some pictures!

welcome!

hey so what would be the differences between the 180sx and a 240?

is it the 180 came with the ca18 and the 240 got the ka? cuz the bodies look identical...

anyways, look forward to seein the b210 here soon..

Well that is pretty close. The 240 was the of course the North American car that we received with the 2.4 liter. The 180SX and Silvia were both originally equipped with the CA18. Silvia's came both turbo and non turbo depending on which package you got. The 180SX was of course named for the CA18DET that it came equipped with stock in Japan. In 1991 Nissan stopped putting the CA in both cars and upgraded them to the SR20. The 180SX kept its name but still always came turboed.

So Canada's importation laws allow you to import cars that were not originally produced for their market after 15 years from the date that it was manufactured. So four years ago I imported my 180SX from Japan and have been buying parts for it ever since. So to answer someone's question from earlier, yes what you saw in Japan is pretty much what I have, RHD and all.

Sorry for the long response, it is my only chance to talk about things I know, Datsun's are like Latin to me. As far as I know Radio could not supply me with a carb because they won't work with the A14, and besides he gave me car... I can't expect him to do everything for me.

he needs a nikki carb for the a14. i only have hitatchis for the L series. plus if i had a carb i prolly would of done something with the b210 myself! Look forward to seeing your build Ryan #1, or u prefer Ryan #2?

need the space for more Datsun Trucks!

Radio

he needs a nikki carb for the a14. i only have hitatchis for the L series. plus if i had a carb i prolly would of done something with the b210 myself! Look forward to seeing your build Ryan #1, or u prefer Ryan #2?

need the space for more Datsun Trucks!

Radio

Ha there was almost a third Ryan who came along but he went out of town for a weekend.