My building process

So figured id start a thread with the stuff im doing for the ka dime.

Today i went out and got fuel line, im goign to try the tiny fuell cell, but im still looking for a local stock tank to run. Picked up 14 feed of line, and hooked up the fuel pump, now its just raising the car and installing the line :)

datsun2.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah single cam ka. I dont need a stock fuel tank, i just prefer it, but if no one local wants to trade i will run the small lil fuel cell untill i find one. Got the pump, and most of the wiring is done it was a kit from someone on this forum that had put together for the guy i got the car from, even though i need someone to come take a look at a few of the connections.

I need to hook up the slave, and the driveline and run the new fuel lines, and she has no interior other than a dash. Car has no rust in it, floorboards are solid, nothing on the bottom of the car, she is solid as heck and perfect glass all around. Found out with mike that the rear flares are metal which is different, i usually only see fiberglass so i didnt think they would be any different, and i love the 15x8 wheels, just no the fake rivets. Once i get the driveline and everything done and know the motor runs and moves, I got to finish the exhaust, doesnt meet up at the headers. And then start working on the interior, im thinking early sentra seats because they are comfy :).

I got pretty much all the parts, its just putting together, and getting some help, i cant (well im not supposed to) lift anything over 10lbs since my surgery, so i need some help with bending and stuff so have a few friends that will be helping me out with that stuff.

Its nice though shes got some good stuff done to her, solid body, and rear disc brakes :) which i like.

Okie dokie i am pissed off right now. I was told that the driveline was shortened to fit, well it has been shortened but NOT ENOUGH!!! Its about a inch to long. I went out and bought a jack just so i could do this today, fight my paranoia about going under cars thinking this should be fast. Bank it in and then realise.. OH its to long. Text the kid getting nothing back. Well looks like its now get it running, then driveline, Then exhaust.

p_00728.jpg

And for the hell of it heres a few other pics

p_00727.jpg

p_00726.jpg

p_00725.jpg

p_00722.jpg

p_00723.jpg

bummer :( , six state distribution off of columbia blvd ( near I-205 ) is an excellent place ! very knowledgeable staff , and just ask them what your options are or what they would do. Tell them everything !!!

But again if money is an issue ( as it is for everyone ) then shop around , there are shops I have heard that make drivelines completely NEW for as little as $190 ( ford bronco ) THAT'S CHEAP !!!

Either way you go , Good Luck man :D

Yah i tried posting in a few different spots cuz i know some people dont check specific areas, yet still not getting any help offers. And really you will :) Cool i still remember where you live and could come over today or tommrow and bring that fuel cell, i would really appreciate it. I need some good news after finding out that driveline is to long yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh today has SUCKED. I got the whole fuel system ran, ecu wired up (thanks to phil) and fuel pump hooked up. Turn the key the fuel pump kicked on then i heard it stall and it started smoking. My damn fuel pump seized and burnt out :(. I was so close to being able to try and start her up just for a minute and another setback lol. GRRR. Back to the wrecking yard.

Man i must of burnt my hand on the pump? i have a huge mark that feels like a burn on my hand. The one guy i was going to sell her to has not contacted me (guess since its been 4 days ill keep the deposit) and contact rob from the forums if he still wants it. I at least wanted to hear her run to see if it resparked my interest to keep her, but bills are getting worse, and i dont even have the money to buy another fuel pump :( I guess im never going to be able to keep a 2 door dime. I have bad ju ju with 2 doors it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Yah im going to keep working on it, but ive put it back up for sale for now. The baby is alot of work lol, and after diapers and my wife isnt fully able to breast feed so now formula i dont even have the money to buy a ka fuel pump that i found for only 20 bucks >.> . Kid you love them, but they kill your cars lol. If i sold her id love to buy that 411 on cl for my wife.

God i just want her to run, im so close, fuel pump and driveline and it will be in a running driving status. I even figured something out thats now finished for the radiator, i found a place for 30 bucks 2 days before danny was born that made in line filler tubes for cars, fits perfectly, just its really close to the intake.