1966 Arctic Cat 460 D

Thought everyone might want to see something completely different. My family purchased a cabin in the mountains a few years back and this was in the shed. It's from the first decade of Arctic Cat production. They only made 31 of these. There was lots of work to be done to the cabin but we finally got around to bringing this down to my garage. I haven't gotten this running yet but the 12hp Kohler engine will turn over. This would be way cool to get running and play in the snow with but we will probably end up selling it due to storage and maintenance. A collector in Minnesota says its worth in the 3-4K range as it sits. Its 10'6" long total so it won't even come close to fitting in my Hilux. :lol:

The vinyl top seems to be a custom piece with a brazed conduit frame. It even has snap on doors. From what I know, Arctic Cat never offered a top with these.

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First thought was AWESOME... Then I saw the stearing chain and thought dangerous! Looks like it could be a hoot man! This is going to need pictures and video when you get it going and there is snow on the ground. Another thing, its kinda weird your RATsun is bigget than your artic CAT.